As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be keeping one of the fastest growing companies in the world up and available in a 24/7 environment. You will bring your own technical expertise to monitor and support staging and production environments, build tooling, CI/CD pipelines, deployment specs and generally automate internal processes to empower developers and improve team efficiency.
- Monitor and support Staging and Production environments
- Improve Developer Tooling, help with building Docker images, manage our Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating quality testing, track key metrics, and generate reports
- Collaborate with Dev, QA, and Product teams, jump in to support and improve development and release cycle
- Automate syncing between services to improve the backend developer and QA workflows
- Develop tools and bots to improve and automate internal processes
- Support a fully distributed team operating across numerous timezones
- 5+ years in a DevOps role (Devops, SRE, etc)
- 1-3+ years experience with a programming language (Rust and/or Golang)
- Proficient in Git source version-control
- Thorough knowledge of Docker and extensive experience with Kubernetes, experience with Terraform and Helm Charts
- Passion for improving process and products
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration (CI)
- Ability to thrive while working independently and remotely in a team-based environment
- Self-starter, ability to context-switch between various projects, codebases and concepts
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Well-versed in scripting languages, building and administration of Linux
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions
Nice to haves
- Passion for open-source and contributing back to the community
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure
- Experience benchmarking applications and identifying bottlenecks
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Google, and/or Gitlab APIs
- Experience with monitoring / alerting (primarily with Prometheus / Grafana) and knowledge of best practices in the area
- Experience with distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-LM1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know