Classy helps nonprofit organizations increase their impact by creating outstanding giving experiences. Our best-in-class suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we are a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, crafting new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
About the role:
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior React Native Engineer to own the development of the Classy Live mobile application, which is an extension of the Classy Live event management platform, which powers virtual, hybrid and in-person events by providing tools around live streaming, auctions and taking payment. The ideal candidate will combine proven engineering expertise with ability to deliver a quality user experience to customers via phones and tablets.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Guide the development and vision of our mobile application which has been written and is available today in the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Have a substantial role in building the next suite of mobile functionality to solve problems facing non-profit organizations when hosting and coordinating events (e.g. checking people in, accepting payment, handling offline scenarios)
- Work alongside our test engineers to implement a scalable and robust mobile testing framework
- Partner with our SRE team to help solidify our CI/CD process for delivering mobile updates to the app stores
- Implement analytics and performance monitoring solutions to help understand app usage and areas for improvement
- Write and deploy code that will directly impact the mission of thousands of non-profit organizations
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years building scalable software and/or mobile applications with your most recent experience being in mobile
- 2+ years of experience with React Native, including working with native modules, configuring/setting up an application, and building out a proper development pipeline for React Native work
- Experience with mobile DevOps, automated testing, and analytics
- Experience with state management layers (e.g. Redux)
- Understanding of vital optimizations to build low-bandwidth mobile experiences
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with Accessibility on mobile applications
- Experience with handling offline storage and capabilities
- Experience with implementing OTA update pattern (e.g. CodePush)
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.