As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Team
Kraken is building a marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NTFs. An NFT is a digital asset that represents collectables like art, music, in-game items, and videos. They’re unique, scarce, liquid, and usable across platforms. We aim to shape the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors. Discover, buy, sell, and exchange NFTs on the most secure platform in the industry.
About the Role
We’re looking for exceptional Senior Frontend Engineers to work on our React based web applications. You’ll be joining a fully remote team within the Kraken Engineering department and your success on this team will be measured by your contributions to its pursuit of perfection both from a product feature and engineering architecture perspective, thus a strong team player mindset is required.
You must possess excellent technical knowledge and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of important work, seek what is best for Kraken and its success, create new and useful ideas, make time to help colleagues, challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches, admit mistakes freely and openly, treat people with respect even if you’re in disagreement with them, and above all provide frequent candid corrective feedback to your teammates. At Kraken we strongly believe that high performance teams filled with stunning colleagues is a core foundation of success in software development and we require all our engineers to embody that mindset.
NFT is one of hottest topics in the cryptocurrency industry. In this role, you will be working closely with product, design, and the rest of engineering to craft phenomenal buyer, seller, and creator experiences with our team of subject matter experts!
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to understand business needs
- Contribute to different aspects of the front-end development lifecycle from the writeup of technical specifications in the form of RFCs, to feature development and testing
- Own, develop and maintain frontend components that power the NFT marketplace
- Integrating 3rd party APIs and leveraging Kraken’s backend infrastructure
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Coordinating with teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructureLead cross-team projects by structuring work and managing stakeholder’s expectations, providing status updates, flagging risks and blockers proactively
- Contribute and advocate engineering best practices, including, but not limited to, code reviews, addressing technical debt and improvements on code quality and overall efficiency
- 4+ years of professional experience working with React
- Deep knowledge of client side state management solutions and basic web/mobile rendering performance techniques
- Experience both with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience working on complex enterprise systems, or proven ability to successfully deliver a greenfield product
- Passion for Software Engineering and Crypto
Nice to have
- 6+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- Experience building and maintaining high volume production quality applications using React
- Experience working in Fintech, Web3 or a related field
- Familiarity with NFT standards and blockchain technology
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know