? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
As part of the Growth Operations Team, our Rails Fullstack Engineer will have the mission to maintain and to execute new code production for the acquisition part.
As part of our hyper-growth, our Growth engineering team led by Sebastien
, our Lead Growth Engineer, partners mainly with the Acquisition team to execute changes that drive new acquisitions and revenue growth. Our website
registers more than 1 million sessions each month and we always want to constantly improve each part of our customer journey
👩💻🧑💻As a Rails Fullstack Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Coordinate and prioritize technical requests: with the Head of Website you will be responsible to bring your full-stack technical expertise to give an estimated development time for each request in order to prioritize them and build a realistic roadmap.
• Implement our new features: integrate & develop inRails, Stimulus & Hotwire, create well-built components in TailwindCSS (Tailwind, HAML)
• Improve our stack: From frontend topics to the choice of new technologies.
• Optimize our website in terms of conversion:
You will partner with the Head of User Acquisition and the Conversion Manager to optimize our website performance through AB testing, visitor experience personalization and side marketing projects like our demo
• Minimize bugs and technical debt: ensure the quality and security of the codebase
• Share the knowledge: Train and coach other developers on your key skillset
• Tracking codes on our website and for affiliate partners: You will be responsible for all the tracking code on our website and for all different affiliate partners on our onboarding funnel. You will work with the Head of User Acquisition to define the right one.
🤔 What you can expect
• A human-centric company with priority given to the responsibilities of the employees
• A comprehensive view of our business and the ability to work on multiple projects, tools & environments
• A small close-knit team to share and improve your skills
• A feeling of responsibility, with direct work & feedback from our team and customers
• A clean development environment, with great quality, maintainable code and strong coding guidelines
• A fast-growing international scale-up present in Germany, Italy, Spain and France
🤝 About your future manager
Your manager will be Sebastien
our Lead Growth Engineer
• His Background? After 10+ years of Fullstack development for several startups (Cocolis, inSiti) and large companies (Engie, VoyageursduMonde), Seb decided to challenge himself and join Qonto’s growth department to join its business interest with its technical vision. In his spare time, Seb works as a photographer for tourism and his travel blog, one of the most popular travel blogs in France.
• What does he bring to the team? Seb loves last versions of Rails and its simplicity without compromising on performances and features. His team keeps the code simple to keep and fun as they develop, and provides top-notch features on web apps we create in close relation with the Growth team.
• Experience: You have 2+ years of professional experience (in an apprenticeship or permanent contract)cin a full-stack engineering position and have significant experience with Ruby on Rails. Experience within a Growth team is a huge plus.
• Business-oriented: Despite your main focus on the technical part, you are able to keep in mind that your first objective is to improve the business KPIs and challenge the Acquisition team with their requests.
• Leadership: You are able to define priorities, anticipate resource needs and coach freelancers in order to help the Growth team to reach their objectives.
• Communication: You share & communicate insights in a proper way (dashboards, presentations, etc)
• Team player: You are able to work strategically and collaboratively with other departments like Designers, Acquisition, International Teams and Tech teams.
• Languages: You are fluent in English. French, Spanish, Italian, or German is a plus.
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, don't let the imposter syndrome prevent you from applying and hit the button "Apply", we'd really love to hear from you!
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- A fully-renovated building in the center of Paris with WeWork
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
All our benefits
- A competitive salary package
- Remote Policy: from 2 days per week to Full remote
- 5 to 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
health insurance, Moka Care
to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib
for sports and wellness activities
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu
to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!