Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Director, Business Technology Systems Engineering is a senior leadership role that leads the team responsible for managing Diligent’s Enterprise SaaS application stack and supporting infrastructure. This is a great fit for you if you’re a highly organized individual who is passionate, creative, and results-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced vibrant culture. The position will reflect a combination of technology management, administration, and process management.
The successful candidate should be a seasoned leader, strategist and innovator who will be responsible for devising and executing on a vision for Diligent’s Enterprise Systems management strategy, encompassing identity management; integration and automation as well as systems / endpoint management and monitoring across both SaaS and Public Cloud infrastructures.
The successful candidate will have a successful track record implementing SaaS automation methods and frameworks in a large-scale environment for a globally distributed workforce. The candidate should have good process management foundations and extensive experience analyzing and optimizing business processes, including provisioning, onboarding, and incident management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for delivery of SaaS Management Programs:
- Overall responsibility for management and service delivery of all employee-facing SaaS, Public Cloud, and hosted infrastructure, and management of distributed technical team within SaaS Operations
- Lead and facilitate regular meetings with internal client stakeholders required to deliver a portfolio of continuous operational improvements for service delivery, prioritize project intake and resourcing based on the ebb and flow of the business.
- Partner with Diligent back-office department heads and their team members to design, implement and deliver technology software and solutions that align with business needs.
- Responsible for strategic and operational governance including operational reporting and analysis, communicating risks outages and changes that may affect the uptime of client’s environments, and supporting Budgeting and business case activities, participation in IT steering committee; post-merger integrations; operational readiness; and diligent product onboarding committees.
Lead a technical team:
- Lead and motivate a highly technical team, being responsible for their career development and progression, while working in a distributed 24/7 format.
- Support resource planning and work sequencing so that IT resources (people, intellectual property, environments, etc.) are optimized.
- Secure / Engage resources when appropriate from other IT areas (Database, Infrastructure, Security, etc.).
- Draft, review, and approve ongoing feature improvements and updates across the BT portfolio of Systems and Solutions.
- Conduct standard HR functions such as interview/hire qualified candidates, conduct performance reviews, and participate in employee career planning.
- Support employee retention and growth. This includes capacity planning and demand management; realignment and calibration of job roles; and development of career paths.
- Empower team leadership structure (leads, managers and senior managers) through efficient delegation and results-oriented management through KPIs and other metrics.
Manage product scope, commitments, quality, and overall customer expectations:
- The Systems team acts in a critical way to support critical Employee Experience and Automation programs across Diligent. This role is responsible for partnering with other key stakeholders across BT (Service Desk, Business Systems, Integration and GTM Systems) to devise a strategy for automating key IT workflows through scripting, RPA and other integration technologies.
- The role must work continuously with all stakeholders to ensure realistic expectations are in place for all releases.
- Ensure project statuses, issues, and decisions are documented and appropriately communicated.
Support, enhance, and evolve Corporate IT Function:
- Address IT needs of the Organization, align the IT vision with the overall business strategy of the organization.
- Lead company-wide technology enablement and empowerment programs; sponsor workshops and summits across various business groups to identify systemic areas of improvement for business-critical processes; and measure effectiveness of initiatives through internal surveys; industry-based calibration and other data collection initiatives.
- Create, review, analyze, document, and implement guidelines, standards, procedures and methodologies, as required, as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead and support corporate cross-functional initiatives, processes and team members as required.
- Take ownership of mission critical Corporate IT infrastructure as it relates to development, quality assurance, monitoring and network & security
- Devise the IT framework, technology procedures and practices of organization. Setup the policies and structures for managing the underlying IT infrastructure, including in-depth knowledge of the latest Cloud technologies such as Iaas, Paas and Saas.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Technology Management role, with significant experience in IT Operations in a SaaS environment, implementing and supporting Systems and SaaS Management Tools and Infrastructure Platforms (Office 365, InTune, JAMF, Okta, AWS, Azure), SaaS automation and management tools (Worktato, Boomi, Bettercloud, Productiv).
- 5-7 years of management experience in leadership roles of increasing responsibility with a sound understanding of staffing, budgeting, planning, and supporting Business Critical processes at a Global Software Development company.
- 3-5 years of experience in technology project management, business analysis, and testing. Strong understanding of software development and technology infrastructure concepts with strong vendor management and partner relation skills.
- Sound expertise in implementing automated methods to accomplish platform & service deployments at large scale in both AWS and Windows environments.
- Able to be hands-on and solve problems and show a path to resolution for the team.
- Exceptional English oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interface with teams around the globe and a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security Assurance, with experience supporting ongoing Audit and compliance activities to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley, ISO 27001 and SOC Type-2 certifications at a Publicly Listed company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related fields, and 10+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 5-7 years of management experience.
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.