Job Profile Summary
Implements organization's cloud strategy from a technical perspective, including design, planning, integration, maintenance and support of cloud architecture. Supports development and execution of cloud implementation strategy within organization's existing IT infrastructure. May work with stakeholders across organization to evaluate cloud systems and identify appropriate solutions.
Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
Career Level Summary
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of
- related job disciplines.
- Solves complex problems.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going
- activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Level at which career may stabilize for many years or until retirement.
- Listens attentively, clarifying messages and expectations and asking thoughtful questions to determine any unstated needs of the speaker.
- Responds to others’ non-verbal behavior and picks up on the true message, whether spoken or unspoken.
- Validates the intent of the message and offers appropriate constructive input.
- Continuously reviews personal and team results against desired standards and takes corrective action to ensure success
- Consistently displays an outstanding degree of involvement and engagement which inspires others.
- Proactively takes on additional assignments to stretch own capabilities and contributes to overall team performance levels.
- Conducts a deep review of data and issues to quickly reveal the root cause of problem.
- Recommends interim and long-term solutions to complex problems to ensure successful resolution.
- Executes solutions to complex problems; guides the analysis of a problem all the way to a successful resolution.
- Breaks down complex information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data) into understandable terminology and actionable concepts.
- Uses technical knowledge and expertise to generate comprehendible, broadly-applicable communications based on new and non-typical data.
- Designs differentiated technical communications (content focus, style, presentation, etc.) for various internal and external audiences based on an understanding of their differing levels of familiarity with technical language.
- Gains insight into how customers utilize technology for their competitive advantage and applies this knowledge to suggest areas for improvement.
- Conveys the right information to the correct parties to ensure that proposals for improvements are given the proper consideration and technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Contributes to product development by identifying industry change, listening to customer needs, capturing feedback and communicating that feedback to the business.
- Considers team members’ time commitments in creating schedules and project plans, carefully structuring the amount of time devoted to each task.
- Follows up and keeps others (i.e., senior leaders and team members) informed of progress on tasks and project responsibilities.
- Defines the objectives and resources required to successfully complete a project and manages the team to complete work within established timeframes.
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Create well-designed, documented, and tested software features that meet customer requirements.
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks.
- Working with customers engineering teams on a wide variety of projects
- Writing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Implement automation/DevOps best practices for CI/CD, IaC, Containerization, etc
- Linux/Windows administration, automated deployments, scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python)
- Collaborate with fellow Rackers and customer key stakeholders to deliver projects, such as implementing Cloud-based technical architectures, executing migrations, and optimizing applications that enable business objectives.
- Serve as a technical advisor and perform troubleshooting to resolve technical challenges for customers.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud services, methodologies, best practices, and tools
- Solid understanding of Cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge about common security frameworks and standards (NIST, HIPAA, PCI, etc)
- Generic DevOps Skill Baseline Coding
- Scripting/ Programing language/ Configuration Management/ Container (1 or more at 100 level)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- VCS (Git Based VSC)
- family with commit, branch, merge, review process
- understand pre/post hook
- design/implement branching strategy (e.g., git flow, GitHub flow)
- design/implement group development collaboration process (access control, code review/approval, integration with other CI tools)
- Artifact Repository
- familiar with one of the popular antifactory management tools
- CI/CD tools
- implement CI services (VCS, antifactory repo, build, release)
- Design/implement CI/CD pipeline
- Operating System familiar with Linux or Windows OS
- Cloud Skill Baseline
- use cloud IaC language to implement cloud resources or operation process
- use orchestration tools to organize IaC code and inject configurations
- Implement CI services (VSC, Artifacts repo, build service pipeline service)
- implement CI/CD pipeline to build/deploy infrastructure or application
- design/implement best practice CI/CD
- Landing Zone (Multi Account Framework)
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Compute (VM, Container platform, Function)
- Virtual Machine workload
- Implement serverless solution for operational purpose
- Data storage, Database
- configuration management
- Secret Management
- Monitoring and Logging
- Message Queues
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required.
- At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- AWS Certifications
- GCP Certifications
- Azure Certifications
- CNCF Certifications
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the field of role required.
- General office environment: no special physical demands required.
- May require long periods of sitting and viewing a computer monitor.
- Schedule flexibility to include working weekends and/or evenings and holidays as required by the
- business for 24/7 operations.
- Occasional domestic/international travel, less than 25%
- This role is not sponsorship eligible.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.