Primary - Oracle and AWS
Secondary - PostgreSQL/MySQL/Azure
Experience - 10+ yrs. of relevant exp.
The Database Administrator Perform database engineering and administration activities including design, planning, configuration, monitoring, automation, self- serviceability, alerting, and space management, database backup and recovery. Plan computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long- range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection with a capacity to lead and advise on migration and modernization, discover, and execute workload migrations to Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
· Create, maintain, and use Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for migration execution and ensure long term technical viability and optimization of production deployments.
· Plan, Create, Manage and Deploy Effective High Availability and Disaster Recovery strategy.
· Worked on performance comparison and optimization.
· Hand’s on with using cloud tech tools such as AWS DMS, SCT, SMS, App Migration Service, Migration Hub, Azure Migrate, Data Migration Service.
· Migration from Oracle Database to/from Other RDBMS platform for PaaS models like AWS RDS.
· Formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
· Provide design standards and guidance for projects and technical roadmaps.
· Capacity Planning: Forecast future database growth based on usage trends and plan for hardware and storage requirements accordingly to ensure scalability and optimal performance.
· Patch Management and Upgrades: Plan and execute SQL Server software upgrades, patches, and service packs. Stay up to date with the latest SQL Server releases and features.
· Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Investigate and resolve complex database-related issues, including data corruption, performance problems, and connectivity challenges.
· Automation and Scripting: Develop automation scripts and tools to streamline repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and reduce the risk of human errors.
· Monitoring and Alerting: Set up monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and address potential database issues before they become critical.
· Compliance and Best Practices: Ensure that databases comply with industry standards and internal policies. Follow best practices for database management, security, and performance optimization.
· Mentoring and Training: Provide guidance and support to Level 1 and Level 2 DBAs, sharing knowledge and expertise to foster their professional growth.
· Performance Analysis and Reporting: Generate performance reports and analysis for stakeholders and management to provide insights into the database environment's health and performance.
· Documentation: Maintain up-to-date documentation of database configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
· Vendor and Third-Party Tool Management: Evaluate and manage third-party tools and solutions that assist in database management, monitoring, and performance tuning. Resolve locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization. Build tools for customers and internal teams by creating scripts or using software to automate administration tasks and DBA processes.
· Participate in sales implementations vendor calls to provide advanced knowledge in the purchase of software, hardware or services that can be used to improve the performance of the database server. Carry out disaster recovery planning and execution including setting up Dataguard or using DMS for replication
· Works with the product organization to assist in the roll out of new products.
· Participate in 24X7 production support for Multi Cloud Database infrastructure.
· Executes large sized, complex database projects. Ensures projects are properly documented.
Good understanding of Oracle database concepts and structures on various in-house and cloud platforms.
•Oracle database skills and Unix operating system understanding is required.
•Good Knowledge of architecture and configuration of latest Oracle versions.
•Good experience of patching, cloning, security, backup and recovery procedures, node addition, deletion, replication setup and DR-Drill activities.
•Good understanding of Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity.
•Experience of implementing operational automation using Ansible playbooks or any other tools.
•Experience of writing shell scripts as well as knowledge in general system administration tasks.
•Experience of setting up Oracle high availability [RAC, Dataguard] environment using various tools.
•Experience of database administration, development, maintenance, and production support.
•Experience of managing Oracle databases on various cloud environments.
•Experience of identifying performance problems and optimization of database performance.
•Experience on planning and Performing optimal Backup and Recovery solutions.
•Good knowledge of RAC, ASM, RMAN, Dataguard, Datapump and other Oracle utilities.
•Good understanding of SQL and PLSQL Procedures, Functions, triggers.
•Good in providing guidance to the development team in optimizing SQL statements.
•Good understanding on deploying code moves as part of change management.
•Proficient in performing the recovery of the Oracle database files in various recovery scenarios.
•Basic understanding of Goldengate replication.
•Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
•Ability to work well in teams with good oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
Good Knowledge on Database Migration tools on AWS and Azure like Schema Conversion Tools (SCT) and Database Migration Service (DMS).
Experience with performing migration of database from On-Prem to IAAS and PaaS services in AWS, Azure and GCP.
Experience in creating technical documentation for any tasks that have been worked on and handing it to client for future references.
· Experience working with Postgresql /MySQL/AWS RDS/Azure Databases
· Database Specialty Certifications in AWS/Azure.
· Experience working in AWS/Azure cloud environments.
· Knowledge in NoSQL databases like MongoDB etc is preferred
· Knowledge in IAC tools like Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation etc. is a Plus.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.