Servian, a global Cloud, Data and Digital focused IT consultancy, are currently looking for a Senior Solaris and Linux Engineer for our team in New Zealand. You will be working on exciting and interesting projects, working with our clients to understand their needs and help shape the engagements that allow Servian to provide services that will meet their needs.
We embrace innovation & change which helps us see the positive impact it has within Servian and for our clients. We believe talented technologists matter, this means Servian wants to help grow your career and develop your passion in the ever-changing IT industry.
As a Servian consultant you will develop strong relationships with our clients, maintaining the core Servian values in all interactions to ensure satisfaction and a consistent high-level experience. You will provide a proactive approach to your relationship, identifying new opportunities to increase revenue, anticipating potential issues or providing unprompted support simply to improve the client experience.
You will provide Linux and Solaris Server design, implementation and support recommendations to customers with an emphasis on data security, availability, integrity and optimal performance. Manage Linux and Solaris through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems. Configure and maintain Solaris and Linux systems and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
What experience are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5 years of Solaris experience
- Minimum 3 years Linux support/administration experience.
- Shell scripting experience
- Veritas Cluster & FS for Solaris experience - as an advantage
- Satellite, DNS management experience - as an advantage
- Observability & Monitoring knowledge
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Experience with Automation (Ansible), backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Eager and willing to learn independently
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, sound planning skills.
- Strong communication skills; interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in your intentions and abilities and those of Servian.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- High levels of energy, resilience and initiative.
Who are you?
- Curious and eager to learn: you are a curious individual who is eager to develop their skills and progress their career at every opportunity in a consulting environment.
- Team player: you thrive as a part of high performing teams and love sharing your knowledge with your peers and clients. We win together.
- Proactive: you seize opportunities when you see them. Every day at Servian presents broad opportunities for personal, professional and business growth.
- Passionate: you are excited by tech. Our team constantly innovate and implement new technologies and methodologies for themselves, our vendors and our clients.
Why join Servian?
- Work on a wide range of interesting projects, using a variety of emerging technologies.
- A chance to work alongside a collaborative and passionate like-minded team.
- Consultant-led events including Social clubs, Tech clubs (IoT, Chatbots, etc.), Gaming events, MeetUps, and Cloud vendor Hackathons.
- Structured learning and development - weekly workshops on a variety of technologies, access to courses on Udemy, sponsored certifications.
- Career development - multiple avenues for growth and an innovative reward and recognition structure.
Our business is structured across five main pillars:
- Data & Analytics - BI/DW, Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science and Advanced Analytics.
- Artificial Intelligence - Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Customer Engagement - Marketing Campaigns, Campaign Analysis, Customer Insights.
- Digital - Full stack Development, UI/UX Design, Mobile Development.
- Cloud & Technology - Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), Managed Services
Inclusion & Diversity
- Servian recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at Servian.
*Please note only candidates currently living in NZ will be considered.*