Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
You’ll maintain the standard for engineering excellence at Xero, continuing to develop your knowledge
and skills, and supporting your team members in building products together. You’ll contribute to our
cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and
You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You will be enabled
to seek clarity with technical complexities and be able to demonstrate smart ways to automate. You’ll
be able to make data-driven decisions that will release value early to solve Xero customers' problems
Our engineering team work remotely and are spread across the UK, although we do have offices in London, Manchester and Milton Keynes.
What you'll do
- Design and automate testing activities that effectively reveal product quality across a range of risk areas and acceptance criteria.
- Triage and solve development and production issues, and be able to quickly track down the root cause.
- Communicate the impact of the problem to stakeholders in terms of business value, helping to set a priority for the resolution.
- Actively participate in incident responses.
- Maintain knowledge of Xero’s current and emerging engineering standards and practices.
- Develop expertise in one or more programming languages and ecosystem specific technologies.
- Ensure all software is running as expected and proactively work to prevent customer facing problems.
What you'll bring with you
- Experience in the tech we use C#/.Net, React, SQL Server, and AWS.
- Ability to debug across a technology stack
- Confident in upgrading tooling and technology underlying products
- Proficient in roll out and maintenance of cloud infrastructure for team's products.
- Able to implement resilient software design patterns
- Able to maintain, update and document team APIs
- Familiar with application and infrastructure security concerns and proactively mitigates issues
- Regularly practices test driven and trunk based development
- Demonstrated ability to respond to production incidents
What We Offer
When you join Xero you are trusting us with your career and we take that seriously. We will invest in your individual career and personal development.
We also believe that our human-first environment of respect, fairness, and inclusion is what helps Xeros thrive. And when our people are thriving, so do the small businesses and communities we serve directly every day.
With 31 days leave (a mix of annual leave and extra leave) and obviously in addition the bank holidays , dedicated paid leave to care for your physical and mental wellbeing, 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave, an Employee Share Plan, beautiful offices, flexible working that fits your life, and so many more incredible benefits (please do reach out so we can tell you more) that reflect our human value, you’ll do the best work of your life at Xero.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.