Job Description Summary:
As a Site Reliability Engineer on the Rackspace Email Infrastructure team, you will have the opportunity to work on and build world-class software and infrastructure that provides messaging and collaboration tools for customers worldwide. This role will be part of a team that has a strong, passionate engineering culture and proven track record high-quality engineering by using the best practices in the industry. You will have the opportunity to work on highly distributed, extreme capacity systems that use a variety of services and processes.
Design, implementation, and support of the complex architectural design of hardware, software,
and/or networking systems for large-scale distributed enterprise systems.
• Ensure completeness of the technical infrastructure to support system performance
• Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends in the enterprise hardware, infrastructure, and email industry
• Follow and execute Rackspace change management processes
• Evaluate changes using Risk Priority Number and create Method of Procedures for changes
• Participate in systems/code reviews and design sessions
• Present technical talks to internal groups
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis
• Contribute to and organize central store of knowledge
• Take full ownership of product life cycle
• Participate in on-call rotation
Experience/Education* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 7+ years of information systems design/architecture/development.
* Strong experience in one or more of: Perl, Python, or Bash.
* Strong experience in one or more of: Ansible, Chef, or Salt.
* Intermediate experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols. Networking: e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, SDN, OSI layers, and load balancing..
* Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems..
* Intermediate knowledge of operating systems..
* Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis..
* Intermediate experience designing complex SaaS applications for cloud reliability and scalability..
* Intermediate experience with cloud infrastructure automation and CI/CD pipeline design..
* Expertise in operational monitoring and management tools (Sensu, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.)..
* Intermediate written & verbal communication skills, both highly technical and non-technical..
* Ability to work closely with non-technical stakeholders and executives..
* Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive..
* RHCE Preferred.. Nice to Have Knowledge/Skills/Ability* Experience working with Object Storage systems at Petabyte scale..
* Experience managing Hypervisor Management Systems (RHEV/oVirt, VMware, HyperV, etc.)..
* Experience using and managing one or more relational databases (e.g. MySQL)..
* Experience with non-relational databases (preferably Redis, Mongo).
* Experience with cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
* Experience with Docker and container management systems (Swarm, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.).
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.