Hinge Health is building the world’s most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. It is now the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries, and opioid use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches.
Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 750,000+ in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
To Learn more about our company & culture please visit:
Hinge Health engineers work on small interdisciplinary teams focused on different parts of the user journey. Software Development Engineers In Test (SDETs) are involved in every step of the software development process and work closely with engineers across multiple teams to build reusable testing frameworks for scalable web and mobile based software.
Our tech stack: Aptible, AWS, GraphQL, Postgres, Rails, React, ReactNative, Redis, Redux, Node and Typescript. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD. We deploy iOS and Android updates to users every two weeks. Our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Every day, you’ll ensure test data exists so all test scenarios can be executed, provide necessary support so that 100% of APIs and key user flows can be tested, mentor others in best engineering test practices, and contribute to a shared codebase to improve automated test coverage and testability of production code.
- Every sprint, you’ll deliver reliable and extensible frameworks for automated, performance, load, security, integration, and end-to-end testing, and ensure that test failures are well documented, prioritized, and are assigned to the appropriate developer or team for resolution.
- Every month, you’ll maintain quality gates and repeatable infrastructure configuration so that 100% of tests can be executed and reported across all CI/CD pipelines, support quality SLAs through metrics, and make recommendations toward objective driven improvements.
- Every quarter, you’ll collaborate with other engineers and tech leads to maintain a prioritized backlog of quality initiatives.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Delivery: Creates a backlog of quality initiatives and works alongside cross functional teams to drive those initiatives to completion. In addition to building frameworks and test automation, use domain expertise and collaboration skills to support pods so they can focus on quality throughout all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Domain Expertise: Experienced with test data creation, automated testing frameworks, performance and load testing. Strong engineering skills and a quality mindset with the ability to develop code in support of testing, configure testing environments, and monitor a defined set of SLA metrics. Constantly seeks to improve their technical abilities.
- Problem Solving: Creates resourceful solutions to optimize quality and reduce hands-on time by team within business constraints
- Communication: Succinct, respectful, active listening, strong comprehension, and the ability to write detailed and clear documentation.
- Leadership: Influences roadmaps by identifying value and tradeoffs so that quality remains a top priority. Advocates and educates the engineers to level up their own expertise and focus on quality. Uses dashboards and data to identify quality gaps and works with pods to address them.
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Hinge Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know by reaching out to your Recruiter and we'll work with our accommodations team to evaluate your request.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.