As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
The DevOps Engineer is critical to the Kraken platform and infrastructure. You are smart, highly skilled, and self-motivated, with a penchant for out-of-the-box thinking. You are a developer who is interested in deployment and network operations, or a system administrator who has a passion for scripting and coding. In other words, you understand how systems work in the overall technical infrastructure, and you are eager to push outside your defined areas of competence and bridge the needs the business has with the technical know-how to build the solution. At Kraken, our culture and our people are at the core of our strategy, and the future growth and health of our company rests on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent in the industry.
- Responsible for the operation, support, and security of production infrastructure
- Author automation tools to assist with deployments, logging, monitoring, and capacity planning for on-premise and cloud-hosted environments
- Define and manage the development of all tools and processes needed for a “Control Room” to enable 24/7 problem monitoring and remediation
- Support various operational open source tools and frameworks as needed
- Responsible for disaster recovery planning and operation
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
- Work would require on-call support including nights and weekends as needed
- 10+ years of experience & expertise in Linux
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., PHP, Python, C++, or GO)
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with Open Source Network/Server Monitoring tools.
- Experience with Clustering and Orchestration tools
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
Nice to have
- HighPerformance File Systems
- Backup solutions
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know