Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
We’re currently hiring in the following Homebase hubs: Houston, TX, Denver, CO, Toronto, CA
The Billing, Pricing, and Packaging team owns the critical balance between guaranteeing Homebase customers have a seamless and obstacle-free experience when getting access and paying for the features they need and maximizing the revenue collection for the company. We design, build, and support functionality alongside the best-in-market features from our payment processing partners to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. We strive towards a shared sense of accountability, attention to detail, and a quality-focused mindset to continuously deliver results in a sustainable team environment.
As a Senior Full-stack Software Engineer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform to impact the lives of our customers. You will play a prominent technical role in our engineering practice.
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web and API software components that make up our product platform
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process
- Your challenge will be to build a variety of web applications and advance our existing software architecture
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work on your own with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- 5+ years of Web Software Engineering experience in Ruby on Rails
- Expert understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns, and how they apply to the frameworks listed above
- Expert understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience with React.js
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively
- An eye for good design and the ability to implement ‘pixel perfect’ UI designs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Git, Github, and development using pull requests
Research has shown that minority groups (BIPOC, women-identifying individuals) often only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications for a role. We would like to encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you currently meet 100% of the qualifications listed here.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.