BoomPop is on a mission to bring people together. We launched with Virtual Events during COVID, then quickly expanded in-person events - offsites, retreats, client summits, annual kickoffs, etc. – with a platform that makes it easy for any company to manage everything in one place. Although we’re barely over 2yrs old, we have over 4,000 clients (Google, Apple, Netflix, Nike, Accenture) and have brought over 150,000 people together so far. And we’re just getting started.
The tectonic shift that is remote work has left 57% of office space vacant - $1.7T of annual spend, and companies such as Airbnb, Salesforce, Shopify, and Reddit are all adopting the new mantra: “Offsites are the new office.” Group travel pre-pandemic was already 40% of the $800B corporate travel industry and it’s absolutely exploding as companies shift facility spend from office space to in-person events, providing endless opportunity for BoomPop.
BoomPop Engineering is a remote-only team working in the four US time zones. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join us designing and developing the next generation of our Event Platform. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of developing our commercial and technical product strategy, and you will be expected to be focused on user and business needs as well as exercising profound technical judgment. Our Senior Software Engineers are essential for our company’s success, and have broad responsibility to determine approach, architecture, and integration with our ever-evolving Event Platform.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will also be an advocate and mentor for your team members, displaying leadership qualities and being an example for those around you.
Technologies We Use:
- TypeScript – frontend and backend
- AWS Serverless – Lambda, Event Bridge, etc.
- SST framework
- Next.js, hosted on Vercel
- Postgres and DynamoDB
- MUI components
- Cypress automated testing
- Automated CI/CD pipeline using Github Actions
What You'll Bring:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years total experience delivering systems and applications
- Solid foundation in writing scalable code following best practices of accessibility, performance optimization and instrumentation.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Strong experience with relational/non-relational database design, implementation, and analytics
- 3+ years of React experience
- 3+ years experience in mid-tier - AWS Lambda, Node, RoR, etc.
- Experience with test automation: CI/CD, unit/integration/functional testing
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience building and deploying applications and services into cloud environments.
- Drive significant technology initiatives end-to-end and across multiple layers of architecture.
- Provide recommendations and best practices for application development, platform development, and developer tools.
- Actively stay abreast on industry best practices, share learnings, and experiment and apply cutting edge technologies.
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model/coach to software engineers pursuing technical career path in engineering.
- Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of BoomPop as a whole and generate creative ideas for emerging business needs.
- Communicate clearly, succinctly, and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers, and management.
What We Offer:
- An environment where you can quickly grow your skills and knowledge, and have the autonomy to make decisions at a massive scale
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- A+ compensation package, including stock incentives
- Robust health, dental, and vision insurance options for employee and dependents
- Company sponsored 401(k)
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Brilliantly executed company offsites on a regular basis (of course!)
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
BoomPop is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.