Get to know us
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve
We are the architects of PayFit´s success
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
Location: France or Spain is preferred
Language requirement: English will be your working language and French/Spanish would be nice to have but not mandatory for this role.
About the Design System / Frontend experts squad 📚
Composed of a lead engineer, two senior frontend engineers and two product designers, Midnight, the design system squad, is part of the Design Language System tribe (on the design side) and the Expert platform tribe (on the engineering side).
One of the squad’s mission is to contribute to the continuous evolution of Midnight, to make the PayFit product scalable with the best-in-class user experience. It’s also responsible for transversal frontend topics and architectures.
A brief overview of our day-to-day stack:
- Technical stack:TypeScript, React, Node.js, Jest (with testing library), Storybook, @emotion, redux, micro frontends, webpack, rollup
- Code collaboration: GitHub, GitHub Actions, CircleCI
- Design tool: Figma
- Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion
- Communication: Slack, Zoom
Your role: Collaborate and Develop to build and frontend at scale ⭐
- Collaborate on documenting the current frontend codebase in order to identify the most critical areas of the product
- Collaborate on the frontend strategy at PayFit
- Design frontend architecture and collaborate on architecture RFCs
- Promote and ensure best practices within your team & the engineering organization
- Collaborate with product teams to build new features with minimal effort
- Architecture (API design) and develop sustainable frontend solutions based on end-user and team needs
- Help the engineering organization with the migration of their codebase to the new solution
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
- You have at least 5 years of frontend development experience in a professional environment and a strong experience in building and maintaining a Design System
- You have strong knowledge of monorepos management like Nx
- You architect maintainable, efficient and high-quality code: continuous integration and deployment, API design, component (re)usability and interoperability, code refactoring, documentation, performance, semantic versioning, ... are not extraneous for you
- You are a doer with a creative force and a high attention to detail: strive for the highest quality with an iterative approach mindset
- You are receptive to feedback, to be mentored and mentor. We're caring and make sure that everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others.
- You speak english fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
- You are familiar with bundling tools: webpack, rollup, esbuild, etc…
- You have experience with micro frontend architecture
Icing on the cake 🍰
- You have knowledge or experience of building or consuming design systems
- You have knowledge of Data structures and design patterns
- You know what an AST (Abstract Syntax Tree) is and are curious about code analysis tools
- You have UI/UX sensitivity and want to learn more about design processes/tools and develop your design thinking
- You are familiar with responsive/adaptive concepts and web accessibility basics (code semantic, screen reader compliant, keyboard navigation...)
Hiring process ⚙️
1️⃣ Meet Joris, our Talent Acquisition
2️⃣ Meet Cyril, Team Lead and Engineering Manager
3️⃣ Technical test and review with the team
4️⃣ Meet a stakeholder
5️⃣ Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of your ISO27001 certification
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within Spain with the possibility to work abroad for some period of time.
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills every day with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym subscription (AndJoy) with a preferential rate.
Meals: 6 EUR lunch voucher per workday with our partner Edenred.
Transportation: 50 % of public transport card covered by PayFit .
Health Insurance: Full coverage on private insurance with Sanitas.
Parental support program: Support with a nursery for your child.
Home office budget to help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Time off: 25 days of holidays per year.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process.