Who are we?
Servian is an award-winning cloud data consultancy that has grown across Australia and New Zealand over the last 13 years and has become notoriously known for our ability to deliver technology-based outcomes for our clients whilst remaining the safest pair of hands. We embrace innovation and change, and the positive impact it has on us and our clients. All roles at Servian involve personal and technical development and career growth, so speak to us about how we can work together.
Who do we work for?
We have a client list that is the envy of our competitors, working across top-tier companies in banking and finance, insurance, mining, telecommunications, retail, construction, automotive as well as an array of government-owned sectors. If you have experience in these verticals or are looking to develop them, Servian is the right cloud data consultancy for you.
Our business focuses on Data and Automation across the following pillars:
Cloud & Technology - Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), HashiCorp.
Data & Analytics - BI/DWH, Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Advanced Analytics.
Digital - Full stack Development, UI/UX Design, Mobile Development.
Customer Engagement - Marketing Campaigns, Campaign Analysis, Customer Insights.
Artificial Intelligence - Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
Cyber Security - DevSecOps, Penetration Testing, Multi-Cloud Security, Security Posture Analysis.
As you can see from the list above our project deliverables and opportunities are endless, only limited by your own ability to take advantage of Servian’s rich internal learning and development programs. Moving into a different technology area is as straightforward as working through our upskilling programs.
About the Role:
Senior Data Engineers at Servian are responsible for bringing experience and thought-leadership in all areas of data. Your skills will be leveraged by our tier-1 clients across all industries and technologies. Your expertise will support in leading their overall strategy and vision for data and delivering on cutting-edge data projects.
- Advise on data strategy.
- Architect solutions for the establishment of data capabilities including data models, database and data storage infrastructure, master and metadata management, data quality, data integration, data warehousing, data transformation, data analysis, and data governance.
- Manage the delivery of programs to execute the data strategy.
- Collaborate with executives, managers, system owners, data providers, analysts, and various other stakeholders to data projects, to deliver on the data strategy.
- Support pre-sales activity to promote Servian, our capabilities, and value to current and prospective clients.
We want you to succeed through the team by using your experience to train and guide your team of consultants as you deliver technology outcomes that delight our clients.
Capabilities & Experience:
- Strong strategic thinker, influencer, and problem solver, with technical competency and commercial awareness.
- Strong knowledge of all data concepts, technologies, approaches, and trends.
- Solid practical capability with SQL, P/SQL, databases, integration, master data management, quality assurance, data wrangling, and data governance technologies.
- Ability to articulate highly technical architectures, concepts, use-cases, designs, and approaches, in a way that can be understood by - stakeholders of varying degrees of technical literacy.
- Knowledge of Cloud environments are desirable, including Google, AWS, and Azure.
- Knowledge of AI and ML technologies and principles are desirable.
No matter what Senior level you join us at, Servian has a career trajectory for you that ensures personal growth, leadership development, and ongoing investment in your training and development. It is everything you need to forge the very best career in the data and analytics and cloud consulting industry.
If we haven’t convinced you yet then let’s just recap and sum it all up for you:
- Work on a wide range of interesting projects, using a variety of emerging technologies.A chance to work alongside a collaborative and passionate like-minded team.
- Consultant-led events including Social clubs, Tech clubs (IoT, Chatbots, etc.), Gaming events, MeetUps, and Cloud vendor Hackathons.
- Proactive career development through structured learning and development, multiple avenues for growth, and an innovative reward and recognition structure.
- Sponsored certifications across all our partner technology vendors. Strong support of individual and team empowerment where ideas are heard.
- Alongside the above, we also provide employees with life and salary insurance, progressive parental leave policy, and a sociable workplace that truly values its diversity.
- We're the epitome of a flat hierarchy. You can reach out to anyone at any time.
- Access to a wide range of internal training sessions, across both technical and consulting skills.
- We provide employees with Life, Salary Insurance, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- We are proud to have a sociable workplace that values diversity and celebrates achievement with multiple company-wide, social, and family events throughout the year. Due to Covid-19, all social events are currently virtual but don’t worry, the magic show is great.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Servian recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow, and fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences, and a growth mindset are valued at Servian.
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV!