The job in short
As our Senior Backend Engineer, you implement, maintain and deploy the different integrations with the Lean Core providers, Fintechs and Big techs. Taking the Backbase Engagement Banking Platform as a basis your goal, together with the rest of the development team, is to build a solution that proves its value towards our partners, customers and prospects. This includes both Proof of Concepts and building solutions which we can use to go to market.
Meet the job
The brand new Ecosystems unit leverages the existing Engagement Banking Platform of Backbase, combining this with Lean Core providers, Fintech solutions and big techs. All of this in order to create a truly unique proposition for both new and existing (Financial) institutions and platforms.
Within the Ecosystems unit the Product Team is responsible for both building the proposition from the ground up and proving the value of the different integrations with fintechs, big techs and lean core providers. All of this in order to build a turn key solution for our potential customers.
Our team consists of digital-savvy professionals who continuously seek new opportunities to express their creativity. We strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions that challenge every team member to do their best.
Within the team you’ll be working together with:
- Product Manager
- Front-end developers
- UX Designers
Some of the other teams you’ll be working with within Backbase are:
- R&D - Responsible for building our main Backbase Engagement Banking Platform
- Showcase - The team that is responsible for the collection of demo environments used by Sales, Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, and partners.
- Solution Engineering - Supports the Backbase sales cycle by providing knowledge and activities in order to acquire new clients.
How about you
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing native cloud-based applications using Java 8+ and Spring (Boot).
- You have a DevOps mentality and don't mind switching from Dev to Ops and vice versa during a sprint.
- You are familiar with Kubernetes or eager to learn it.
- You are familiar with CI/CD and are comfortable setting up build and deployment pipelines.
- You have experience working in an Agile environment following the Scrum methodology and are familiar with its ceremonies and how to participate in them.
- You are a team player, social and proactively provide suggestive feedback to help your colleagues grow in their career but also as a human.
- You have professional English speaking and writing skills.
- You are curious, always keen to learn new things and try them out.
- You actively contribute during brainstorming or refinement sessions.
- You don’t mind working on prototypes or apps not available to the general public. Instead, they act as inspiration for apps eventually used by millions of users around the world.
- You value lean principles by not wasting time on things that don’t matter (to us or our stakeholders).
- You implement things fast but also properly.
- You rather work on building integrations and developing APIs than writing unit tests.
- You understand the value of TDD but also feel comfortable not adopting it.
- You value the steadiness and stability of a properly planned sprint but don’t mind switching direction when priorities change halfway.