Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.
We are looking for a highly skilled Backend Platform Engineer to join our Ecosystems team at Backbase, a leading fintech company that is revolutionizing the way financial institutions interact with their customers.
The job in short
You will be responsible for designing, building, and scaling our upcoming cloud native integration platform to enable seamless integration between our engagement banking platform and external partners. You will develop state of the art components that make this platform tick. From improving startup time of your microservice one day, to serverless ci/cd with kubernetes on another day, you will also create best in breed developer experience setups.
You’ll be thinking of reusability, performance,observability, security and resilience first so that many other developers who use your platform don’t have to.
You will also provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to junior engineers on the team, and contribute to the overall technical strategy and direction of the Ecosystems Team
What about you?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- You have a solid background in software development, design and architectural patterns;
- You are able to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members;
- Your experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written;
- You are comfortable doing Cloud native developement
- You love to create reusable platform components on code and infrastructure alike
- You have experience with Java, Quarkus/Spring,Maven, Docker, CI/CD;
- You are experienced in Cloud-native deployments (AWS, Azure, OpenShift, Kubernetes) and traditional application servers (Tomcat);
- You have good understanding of non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability, etc.;
- You have a good understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns;
- You know what "perfection" looks like in a given context and you can formulate a plan to achieve the desired state;
- Past experience with iPaaS platforms is a plus.