? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
Join us as an Expert Engineer to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love!
As an Expert Engineer, you will be part of a team of 100 highly skilled back end engineers from all over the world. You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will participate in the discussions on the direction of our banking product, manage how we will handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As an Expert Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Provide technical leadership on large complex technical projects
• Mentor junior/senior members of the Back End team
• Build a great product by shipping efficient features
• Produce high-quality and well-documented code
• Ship high-quality code to be sure production meets the product requirements
• Produce software designs to support the enhancement and long-term maintainability
🤔 What you can expect: get to know our working methodology, the Qonto Way
• We highly value the analysis phase on software delivery placing a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing (called Value Engineering). In this manner, you're expected to really focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
• We foster an environment that enables our engineers to be proud of their work, as we believe that this is the route to success
• We think that success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and authority to improve yourself, our systems and our processes. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements (Kaizen
, PDCA) in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
• Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, code mostly in Python, Golang and Ruby, and dedicate themselves to one feature at a time. We call this one-piece flow.
🤝 Your future Head Of
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is David
, and he's managing teams working on Platform Services. He worked in both France and the UK, initially as a Software Engineer within all-size companies and then in technical and team leadership positions. In 2015, he left the UK for good, to join a startup in France as a CTO. His team built a platform for the French Football Federation to help sports coaches to manage their athletes' performances. The next step in his career was another startup, but this time in the video game industry to build a data-driven platform from scratch.
• What can he bring to you and the team?
David has a lot of experience in Software Craftsmanship and Extreme programming. You will have the opportunity to work in a department that values high-quality software. He also fosters and promotes a highly collaborative workplace and embraces ambitious and difficult technical challenges.
• Your collaboration?
You can expect a respectful relationship based on trust, empowerment, and ownership. David always makes himself extremely available and will live up to the high expectation he sets for his team members.
• State of art engineering practices: Testing, refactoring, domain-driven design...
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, who is interested in solving hard problems and delivering value
• Impact maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark
• Team player: Collaborative Analysis - Group work, pair programming, code review
• Languages: You are fluent in English
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- A competitive salary package
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- 28 days of paid leave
- Meal vouchers
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu
to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!