Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
Scaleway is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Dedibox/BareMetal team.
The team is in charge of more than 80k servers in 4 datacenters across Europe.
The scope covers the console and API of our dedicated servers Dedibox, the installation stack, the cleaning and upgrading tasks, users and billing of the dedicated information system.
The product is based on a monolith architecture, which was built in-house to manage and drive all the activity of bare metal.
- Tech skills:
- Languages: Have at least 2 years of experience in PHP/Symfony
- Be fluent in Git and SQL
- Have a good understanding of the HTTP protocol and REST APIs
- Notion of queuing: RabbitMQ
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
- Soft skills:
- Peer reviews
- Team spirit and mutual aid
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Autonomy and rigour
- Tech skills:
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf
- Familiar with container orchestration: Nomad, Kubernetes
- You have already worked on asynchronous workload (queue + worker)
- You have already installed a server with major OS: GNU/Linux Debian & Ubuntu, CentOS, ESXi, Windows Server.
- Knowledge with IPMI and BMC
- Soft skills:
- Very good command of English
- Knowledge of the Bare Metal and cloud ecosystems
- Teamwork on features, design, and implementation
- Agile methods
- You will be part of the Dedibox Team, your scope will cover all aspects of Bare Metal servers and its own dedicated SI. Our team has various backgrounds and a wide range of skills. All the team members share their knowledge, so that everyone can improve their skills on all areas, languages, architectures, hardware, IPMI, … In return, be prepared to do the same.
- Work on a solution that was built in-house, from the ground up. You will never be alone; on the contrary, you will work side by side with experts on the platform
- Review code contributed by other team members
- Find the right balance between elegance and time-to-market for our solutions
- We're neither dogmatic nor kludgy, and our framework should reflect that
- Collaborate with colleagues from other areas: SREs, Platform team, front-end developers, customer success technicians, compliance officers, database experts, internal helpdesk, Trust and Safety team, sales, …
- Optimize systems for performance, scalability, resiliency, and maintainability
- Automate the production of insights from the trove of data we are sitting on
- Use the internal platform solutions (queuing, monitoring, etc.)
This position can be either:
Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France) with 3 days of remote
- Screening call - 30 mins with the recruiter
- Manager Interview - 30 mins
- Technical Interviews with the Team - 2 hours
- HR Interview - 45 mins
- Head of engineering - 30 min
- Offer sent - 48 hours
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!