PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
· Execute DataScienceprojectsforbuildingbest-in-classmodels/solutionsfor the Data Intelligence Practice @ PayU, specifically for Credit Risk management domain
· Developing credit scorecards, testing & monitoring frameworks and overseeing the deployment of scorecards for clients
· Engage and work with external clients from risk, products, portfolio, etc. during the process of identification of data, development of scorecard and deployment
· Actively seek opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modeling techniques
· Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and maintain the high levels of quality in deliverables
· Work as independent contributor mostly and as a mentor to other team members by providing guidance when required
Requirements to be successful in this role:
· AdegreeinStatistics,Engineering,Mathematics or other similar quantitative field
· 1 to 2 year work experience as a Data scientist in banking/consumer lending industry
· Hands on experience with ML/programming tools such as Python, R, and SQL
· Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Logistic Regression, CART based models, SVM, Clustering, PCA etc
· Experienced in distributed computing frameworks such as Spark is a plus
· Experience in risk analytics (model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, documentation, validation, governance, implementation, and automation)
· Understanding of credit bureaus and non-traditional data providers will be a plus
· Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies
· Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality in reports & analysis
· Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
· Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
· Should be a great teammate who promotesknowledge-sharing
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.