As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Security Engineer, you will bring your own technical expertise and help design new services and security features. You will carry projects from initial requirements, implementation, up to production.
- Design and implementation of enterprise grade policy enforcement infrastructure, security instruments and procedures
- Design and implementation of microservices in Rust
- Writing secure, reusable, testable, and efficient code
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with Rust
- Experience designing and implementing security tools
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Proactive, self-driven mindset
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with system languages (C, C++, Go) and/or strongly typed programming (OCaml, Haskell, Rust)
- Have experience with database systems
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-LM1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know