Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero’s ‘Connected Workplaces’ portfolio offers several products that support small businesses. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. We will do this by bringing together a suite of tools to provide a seamless and personalized experience for the employer and their employees. This is a bold program of work that has significant business support and visibility, and you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with many product teams in Xero to bring our vision to life.
About the Role
You’ll be part of an agile, product focused team delivering continuous value to our customers. You’ll take a longer term view, with breadth over depth focus on our architecture. You will be embedded within product and technology team(s), engaging with a variety of stakeholders to actively solve complex technical problems.
What you'll do
- Deliver visualised clarity - Create and distribute views of software and system architecture to stakeholders ensuring they are able to understand, evaluate, and reason about the architecture. Continuously monitor visual representations and update them as changes or additions are observed.
- Frame the future - Define the architecture with future flexibility in mind whilst keeping things well bounded. Employ evolutionary architecture that supports guided, incremental change across a defined domain.
- Ensure systemic cohesion - Design architecture that brings clarity at a high level, how significant elements fit together, and identifies the key risks to be mitigated. Use quantitative measures to ensure the fitness of the architecture is aligned to our principles
- Provide goldilocks governance - Champion a 'trust and verify' approach to governance that teams are operating within established principles & guardrails. Embrace Xero's decentralised approach to decision making and effectively communicate those decisions out.
- Demystify complexity - Decompose the complexity of our domains into a manageable model that describes the boundaries of a system and exposes important details and significant constraints. Synthesise and translate complex ideas into actionable requirements and design solutions.
- Bridge between worlds - Act as an agent of change recognising that no change happens in isolation and must engage and work with a wide range of stakeholders. Use domain and technical knowledge to help facilitate sessions and achieve a desired outcome.
What you’ll bring with you
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and implementing or integrating large-scale web based services.
- Hands-on experience with domain-driven design, synchronous and asynchronous integration of complex data driven systems.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud providers, ideally AWS but also GCP or Azure.
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with data privacy and compliance requirements.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.