Sonalake is a software partnering company that helps our clients realise their product roadmaps. Product design and engineering are at the heart of our business. Our engineering teams work with clients right across the stack; UX, UI design, frontend, backend, analytics, infrastructure, operations - and everything else that goes into delivering great products.
We thrive on variety and are highly adaptable. Our teams are exposed to domains as varied as telecom billing, ad tech, securities-based lending, travel tech analytics, and many more.
Innovation is central to our mission; anticipating future client needs, analysing emerging technologies and developing new products and services.
We are growing, and are seeking out experienced engineers to drive our initiatives and lead our teams. That’s where you come in. This is a remote/hybrid position.
- Lead, mentor, and grow engineering teams
- Lead projects, features and direct work of distributed software project teams
- Work with team on design, dependencies, backlog and code maintainability
- Provide time and size estimates for project deliverables
- Provide accurate status on deliverables and risk throughout the project
- Champion best practices for software development
- Review team deliverables to ensure that quality goals are met
- Perform hands-on software development, requirements capture, specification
You might be a fit if you have
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years in a technical project lead role
- Excellent knowledge of Java and popular Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Agile process implementation and associated tooling
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Automated testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration tooling
- Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting
- Strong customer focus and ability to design solutions to meet their needs
- Databases design and optimisation
- Amazon Web Services
- Great communication skills in English - both written and spoken
We take pride in being a people-oriented company. Openness and opportunity are really important to us. We build teams that span from experienced leaders to bright graduates and work to develop all of us within our coaching culture.