3Pillar Global is looking for a Technical Lead (Java/Angular). The applicant will add skills and years of experience to an already established team of talented consultants that all work towards the same goal of meeting our client’s needs. This individual should maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
We are 3PILLAR GLOBAL
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
Roles & Responsibilities
Maintains an open, mutual and respected relationship with clients, stakeholders and team members
Is one of the main contributors to planning sessions, team meetings, and other rituals, such as the daily standup, iteration planning, iteration kickoff, iteration review, and retrospectives
Works proactively to understand project backlog of work for one or more sprints ahead asking for clarity of requirements and acceptance criteria where required.
Helps removes roadblocks to delivery success
Helps the other team members to follow the defined process, and contributes to process improvement efforts
Understands the clients business strategy and objectives as it relates to the product being developed; taking all the actions required to meet or exceed clients expectations
Communicates effectively within the team and with all stakeholders by providing high-quality visibility into planned and actual deliverables
Proactively communicates feedback and issues to the client and works with appropriate individuals to do so
Collaborates with senior team members (EM/TM) to communicate project risks to client
Is a model developer, with sharp coding skills and a passion for excellence
Leads the coding, architecture and design activities, and helps with requirements, analysis and testing as needed
Consistently chooses the right frameworks for the business solution
Is reviewing the code of the other team members, providing constructive feedback and helping to increase delivery quality
Able to act as an interface between multiple teams (when required)
Able to manage a complete toolset for streamlined development
Able to identify technical debt, and motivate team members to resolve it
Shares information on new technology that could be used on projects
Has deep knowledge of more than one core programming language, on both frontend and backend
Ensures product quality through effective monitoring of quality trends, test automation, defect tracking and root cause analysis
Actively guides, mentors, and motivates individuals within his team
Understands how various requirements impact project budget and new revenue opportunities,
Optimizes delivery, meet deadlines, and deliver results
Demonstrates unexpected value to your client
Understands complimentary product development capabilities and the interactions between disciplines
Participates in holistic discussions about the broader product development lifecycle,
Watches for triggering events, including changes within the organization or outside world that provide opportunities or create risks for 3Pillar
Proactively involved on internal or external communities of practice and encourage others to do the same
Participates in candidate interviews and talent management
Develops strong relationships with client personnel working directly on the account
- Strong Java/J2EE development experience with demonstrated ability to develop and troubleshoot large mission applications & software products
- Experience on exception handling, correct use of data structures, multi-threaded programming, memory management and application tuning
- Technologies used:
- Java 8, Spring MVC, Hibernate/JPA, SQL, Angular v5 and above
- Nice to have:
- Excellent exposure in Object Oriented Design skills using Java/J2ee along with:
- Core Java language (collections, concurrency/multithreading)
- Web Technologies (Struts/Struts 2, Spring (IOP, MVC, AOP), Hibernate, JSP, Web services)
- Database optimization and profiling
- EIP, Core/JEE/Integration Design patterns/UML
- Excellent exposure in microservices design and development
- Exposure on no sql, in-memory databases, scaled architectures
- Hands on knowledge of Unit Testing
- Good hands on experience with RDBMS like MySQL/Oracle with ability to write SQL Queries/Stored Procedures/Triggers/Joins/View etc.
- Practical application of software product development standards and methodologies including Agile, XP, Kanban, and UML.
- Has deep knowledge of more than one core programming language, on both frontend and backend
- Ability to apply design patterns consistently and also accurate when building per design requirements
- Good experience in source control, unit testing, code verification, static code analysis, , documentation, automated build, continuous integration, metrics, and code reviews.
- Must have some experience with a Cloud provider (like AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required to effectively engage internal stakeholders and their technical representatives.
- Perks and Benefits
- A competitive annual salary based on experience and market demands
- Medical insurance with the option to purchase a premium plan or HSA option for your entire family
- In-house Food & Refreshments
- Regular Health check-up camps arranged by the company
- Recreational activities
- Business casual atmosphere