Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
The Console is quite a big project and is the main entrypoint to access and manage Scaleway’s 20+ products.
The project started in 2018 and have since followed the latest trends when it made sense (for example we recently completed the migration to TypeScript)
We are looking for a talented tech lead to help steer towards the next milestones. You’ll be in charge of planning, tracking and contributing to architectural changes, collaborating with other teams to integrate their product or technology in the console, and creating cool interfaces used by developers daily.
How we work:
Our managers are coders too! We won’t have it differently : we are tech people, building tech services for tech customers. You will be the first to use Scaleway APIs, so you’ll work in close collaboration with every Product team in the company. You will not need to write backend code, as we have dedicated teams for that!
A motivated design team that is integrated in the workflow of our developers
A friendly and supportive, always available management team.
The console team is a large team of about 10 front developers which are organized into small teams, according to the products they specialize in. You will be a products management, tools & interface specialist!
Product Engineers (backend) are specialized in their products (100% API based).
- You have a pretty good understanding of cloud products
- You’ve already chosen between frontend and backend development
- You tend to solve your problems with code, rather than dependencies
- You are comfortable in large scale projects
- You already used CSS-in-JS
- You have experience with REST APIs
- You have written TESTS after TESTS: units and functional
- You grew
- You don’t fall for the hype
- You truly “Think in React©”
- You are an HTML & CSS aficionado
- You know how to practice UI navigation with and without pointers
- You don't mind peer reviews, you even love them!
- Languages: Modern JS/TS, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Librairies & Tools:
-React, Emotion, final-form
-Gitlab, Sentry, Localazy
-Git, pnpm, Renovate
-Jest, Testing-Library, Enzyme
-Scaleway, Docker, Ansible
- Steer technical and architectural direction on the console and related websites
- Participate in cross teams product design in order to integrate them in the console
- Collaborate with the Console Engineering Manager (that guy yeah)
- We do not develop products page-per-page, but rather create a whole design system and its components, check out the repository.
- Create awesome interfaces for our developers!
This position can be either:
Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), fully remote is possible
Senior Level : 60,000-76,000 EUR per year
Screening call - 30 mins with the recruiter
Manager Interview - 30 mins
Technical Interviews with the Team - 2 hours
HR Interview - 45 mins
Head of engineering - 30 min
Offer sent - 48 hours
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!