Are you a distributed systems engineer with a proven track record of leading cross-team projects? Are you passionate about Rust? Do you find going beyond 99.99%+ availability exciting? Here at Apollo, you won’t be alone.
As a Staff Engineer at Apollo, you will spearhead initiatives spanning multiple teams and systems. Your colleagues will look to you for mentorship and empowerment. We are an inclusive and enthusiastic team who can get 80% of the value out of 20% of the work. We prioritize designs that are forward-thinking, flexible, and foster shared ownership. Our team of leaders approach their days with a healthy dose of mindfulness and humility. If that sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will be part of the team building Apollo GraphOS Cloud, a fully managed API solution for GraphQL Federation. You will help globally scale and secure essential API infrastructure for some of the most influential companies in the world. You will build and operate the systems providing a performant, reliable, and secure cloud API ingress platform and user experience.
Apollo is the worldwide leader in GraphQL innovation. Companies like Netflix, Expedia, Peloton, DoorDash, The New York Times, and Zillow are just a small sample of Apollo's customers. Our open-source software is downloaded millions of times every week. Gartner estimates that, by 2025, 50% of companies will be using GraphQL and we're the clear market leader.
GraphQL is transforming the software development space by creating a brand new layer in companies' stacks called the supergraph that helps engineering teams ship faster and build richer experiences than ever before. Join us and build the future of Apollo!
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be responsible for developing and operating multiple features and systems.
- You’ll make an impact directly through your contributions and by mentoring others on your team.
- You’ll create technical designs that proactively address performance, security, and reliability.
- You’ll define requirements as a true partner with Product and Sales.
- You’ll work with Rust, AWS, GCP, Kotlin, Kubernetes, Terraform and more- don’t worry if you haven’t worked with all of these, we just wanted to let you know a bit about our stack!
- You have experience building and operating distributed, stateless/fault tolerant systems, as well as familiarity with cloud infrastructure.
- You like thinking about how to safely deploy changes to a large fleet of customer workloads.
- You are adept at weighing technical and business trade-offs and can “see down the road and around corners”.
- You enjoy cross-team collaboration and believe in a “rising tides lifts all boats” mentality. You level up those around you, bringing everyone along for the ride.
- You have the ability to work with many different team members across various orgs and positively influence others.
- GraphQL experience is a plus but not necessary.
Location: This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the UK.
Equal Opportunity: Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
E-Verify: Apollo is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.