As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
UI Engineering at Kraken
Kraken’s Software Engineers are tasked with developing cutting edge interfaces that change how millions of users interact with our platform. Our products need to handle processing and displaying huge amounts of real-time information whilst also maintaining an intuitive and friendly user experience, to achieve this engineers with both a strong technical background and keen eye for design are required. We're looking for passionate and talented engineers who can bring fresh ideas and expertise from all industries. As a Software Engineer, you will work as a core member of a fully remote team on a specific project critical to Kraken’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need all of our engineers to display a versatile talent set, from exceptional technical ability to strong communication skills and passion for the monumental change that the crypto industry can bring to society.
About the Role
Staff Software Engineer is the second of Kraken’s two senior levels. At this level we expect you to know everything you need to know to be a professional software engineer: You should have acquired all the technical and leadership skills required to make a significant impact on complex engineering projects. Staff Software Engineer engineers must have demonstrated technical breadth and depth. You should be an expert in your part of the business, a strong communicator, a trusted mentor, a role model for more junior engineers, a driver of best practices for hiring and interviewing, and have delivered multiple projects that move the needle for your team. At Staff Software Engineer your job starts to become just as much about exercising technical judgment as it does about implementation, you will display a deep knowledge about Kraken’s entire technology stack, evolves your domains architecture to support future requirements, mentors others to accelerate their career-growth, adjusts the team processes based off feedback and previous experience, make an impact not only your workgroup but also other workgroups that your primary workgroup collaborates with.
- 9+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, TypeScript, React (or other UI libraries), client side state management solutions and basic web/mobile rendering performance techniques
- Experience building and maintaining production quality applications using React or React Native
- Experience working with both RESTful APIs and WebSockets
- Experience working with multi-threaded code architectures (WebWorkers)
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Experience both mentoring junior engineers and interviewing for Software Engineers
- Clear passion for both Software Engineering and Crypto
- 9+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- Deep knowledge of browser (or Native Mobile) internals (eg. Rendering engines, Parsing and DOM tree construction, Layout, Painting, and optimization techniques)
- Experience starting greenfield projects and running from inception to production successfully
- Experience interviewing for Senior Software Engineers
- Experience building small teams when required
- Experience driving solutions to key business problems, even if the requirements are not clear
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know