As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
The Engineering team is responsible for building innovative features and resilient systems that bring people together. We're always experimenting with new features to engage with our members. Although we are a high-scale tech company, the member-to-engineer ratio is very high—making the level of impact each engineer gets to have at Tinder enormous.
Tinder is looking for an expert engineer who's eager to architect, design and implement the next generation of our data platform. Our growing business always has new needs for actionable information, and this gives us an exciting roadmap with high-value products ready to be designed and many more waiting to be identified. This role will involve working with large scale data pipelines in near-real-time, batch, and lambda frameworks.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with engineers in conceptualizing, planning and implementing data engineering initiatives working with different stakeholders
- Design and build data platforms & frameworks for processing high volumes of data, in real time as well as batch, that will be used across engineering teams.
- Work with internal engineering and product teams to see opportunities for improvements or feature enhancements to our data platforms & frameworks to improve overall engineering efficiency
- Drive self-serve capabilities for the engineering teams to easily onboard their critical data workloads onto our platforms
- Research and evaluate new technologies in the big data space to guide our continuous improvement
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to help tune the performance of large data applications
- Work with Privacy and Security team on data governance, risk and compliance initiatives
- Work on initiatives to ensure stability, performance and reliability of our data infrastructure
- Provide solutions, recommendations, documentation and training to the technical and business teams for continuous improvement of building a data-informed business
- Drive adoption of data engineering best practices in a team of engineers, and ability to mentor junior team members
What we are looking for:
- 8+years of experience in data engineering on distributed frameworks such as Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams, Storm, Hadoop etc
- Proficiency with any of the following programming languages - Scala, Java or Python
- Experience with ETL job orchestration, preferably with a feature-rich tool such as Airflow, Argo, AWS step functions, Luigi etc.
- Experience with at least one massively parallel processing data technology such as Redshift, Snowflake, Spark etc.
- Experience with a NoSQL databases like DynamoDB etc.
- Experience building real time data pipelines using Flink or Spark
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with Kubernetes and building Docker images
- Experience with any public cloud environment - AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
Bonus points if you have:
- You’ve worked in a technical lead role in a data team
- You’ve driven cross-functional initiatives with different teams and stakeholders
- If you have led projects related to GRC like GDPR (Data deletion, RER, Right to be forgotten etc...), DLP and Role based Access Control
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for data engineering best practices
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei