As the Staff Engineer for our Product team in Brazil Market, you’ll play a key role in the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge solutions to the country. You'll be close to teams from different tribes and locations to identify the best approach to the complex challenges we currently have.
We are looking for a software engineer with advanced English, strong technical background, exceptional problem-solving and communication skills. If you’re excited about empowering small business owners around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Design and develop highly available backend services using languages such as Golang, Ruby, Elixir and Kotlin, ensuring they are up to date and meeting business requirements
- Collaborate with other teams, tribes and engineers to design and implement solutions to complex problems, making informed decisions and providing valuable input during product discussions
- Write comprehensive documentation, ensure good test coverage, and improve code quality. Work alongside other software developers, DevOps, and QA engineers to ensure seamless deployment and continuous integration.
- Ensure that all services comply with SLOs, SLAs, and regulatory requirements set forth by the Central Bank of Brazil.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have
- A track of record on building highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services
- Good understanding of system architecture, design principles, data modelling, and API design, including RESTful and gRPC services.
- Experience working with Git, understanding of design patterns, and familiarity with Docker containers, Kubernetes, and the AWS ecosystem.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Familiarity with Prometheus and Grafana, as well as experience with CI/CD approaches
- Customer mindset
- Advanced English skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Collaborative mindset
- Work effectively in a fast-paced office first environment and be able to quickly understand the product and market needs to stay ahead of the competition
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.