At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
About this Role
Anyscale is looking to hire strong engineers to build the developer productivity team.
Developer productivity engineering at Anyscale is a unique and challenging role. The core mission is to accelerate the productivity of the engineering organization through innovative technical solutions and strategic technology choices. This role covers the spectrum of open source Ray and the proprietary Anyscale platform as well.
Due to the nature of our work being right in the intersection between distributed systems and machine learning, the development and testing of the project naturally brings forth many challenging systems and deployment issues.
As part of this role, you may:
- Design and implement developer velocity improvement projects across all engineering teams
- Define and deliver developer-focused solutions CI/CD tools, build system, automated releases systems that enable scalable development
- Design, build and maintain core testing infrastructure to ensure that Ray remains an industry-leading scalable and distributed programming runtime and that our proprietary platform remains highly stable and scalable
- Work with infrastructure teams to influence, develop, and evaluate Anyscale cluster management features
- Work with the open source Ray team to design and implement distributed testing frameworks and applications to help ensure correctness of the program across operating systems, architecture, and underlying environments
We'd love to hear from you if have:
- At least 2 year of software engineering experience in CI/CD, build systems (Bazel), large-scale systems engineering or distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling (Terraform, Cloudformation, Pulumi, etc)
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure (EC2, S3, IAM, Docker, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working on programming languages, security, or cloud developer productivity tools is a plus
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $170,112 ~ $202,000. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99%
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in office meals covered
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish