As a Software Engineer, Data you will help VTS enable our business users to gain actionable insights and deliver client value through a combination of data science and analysis so we can maintain secure, reliable, and performant data warehouses and pipelines, as well as provide tools to our internal teams so that they can best support our clients.
Every day you will help us transform, analyze, and understand the usage of our growing product portfolio, create insights from a unique industry data set, and make the delivery of data fast as well as secure. The Data Engineering team is at the forefront of VTS’ business operations and client services; the organization’s success depends on this team’s delivery of timely and relevant data platform improvements.
To thrive you must build and maintain critical data that enables VTS to make data-driven decisions; optimize and automate data processes; and embrace VTS Values.
Here is what you can expect as a Software Engineer, Data:
- You will partner with stakeholders to discover and define core data domains for VTS.
- You will build, maintain, and improve the infrastructure and tooling that supports our data platform
- You will build data pipelines that transform transactional data into dimensional models.
- You will work with and help to introduce cutting edge technologies and best practices.
- You will champion the practices and processes that ensure data is trustworthy, useful, and secure.
- You will use SQL to store and retrieve data from a relational database either for personal research or professionally, and went above and beyond what the relevant framework could deliver.
- You will use general-purpose programming languages like Python or Java.
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s leading technology platform that transforms how strategic decisions are made and executed across the asset lifecycle. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry and delivers data insights and solutions for everyone in commercial real estate to fuel their investment and asset strategy, leasing and marketing automation, property operations, and tenant experience.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Rise, VTS Data, and VTS Market, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given the real-time market information and executional capabilities to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform globally. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, and San Diego.
To learn more about VTS and view our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
At VTS, we believe that the definition of “workplace” has dramatically evolved, and value flexibility as a necessary part of employee happiness & productivity. We believe that by embracing new ways of working - VTS is able to attract and retain the best talent!
We aim to provide the greatest level of flexibility we can for each of our team members, based upon their individual roles at VTS. We currently offer three types of work designations at the company level.
- @office - This option means that the role requires you to come to the office at least 3 days a week.
- @flex - This option means that the role requires you to come into the office 2 days or less a week.
- @home - This option means that an employee will work primarily from their own home, but will have access to our office hubs whenever they would like.
There are some roles that require employees to be in the office at greater frequency - not all designations are available for every role. We are committed to transparency and each role is promoted with all designations available to that role.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at [email protected]