We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Bare Metal team. The scope goes from the console and API of our dedicated servers Dedibox to our new product Bare Metal as-a-Service (aka BMaaS).
You will be in charge of the Maintenance in Operational Condition of our Dedibox solution, and of R&D for the new BMaaS solution. Are you ready to define and strengthen cloud services that will make developers' lives easier and improve their efficiency ?
You will be part of the Bare Metal team, where we have various backgrounds and a wide range of skills. Every team member shares their knowledge, so that everyone can improve their skills in all areas, languages, architectures, etc. In return, be prepared to do the same :)
- Languages: Go or PHP/Symfony
- API: REST
- Databases: MySQL, Postgresql
- Notion of queuing: RabbitMQ
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana.
- Peer reviews
- Team spirit and mutual aid
- Written and oral communication skills
- Autonomy and rigour
- Very good command of English
- Languages: Go and PHP/Symfony
- API: gRPC, REST
- Container orchestration: Nomad, Kubernetes
- OS: GNU/Linux Debian & Ubuntu, CentOS, ESXi, Windows Server…
- Knowledge of the Bare Metal and Cloud ecosystems
- Teamwork on features, design, and implementation
- Agile methods
- Work on a solution that was built in-house, from the ground up. You will never be alone and will work side by side with experts on the platform
- Review code contributed by other team members
- Find the right balance between elegance and time-to-market for our solutions
- We're neither dogmatic nor kludgy, and our framework should reflect that
- Collaborate with colleagues from other areas: SREs, Platform team, front-end developers, customer success technicians, compliance officers, database experts, internal helpdesk, trust and safety team, sales, bookkeepers, internal auditors
- Manage products, users, offers
- Optimize systems for performance, scalability, resiliency and maintainability
- Automate the production of insights from the trove of data we are sitting on
- Give back to the community by contributing to open-source projects
- Use the internal platform solutions (queuing, monitoring, …)
This position can be either:
- Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), full/partial remote is possible
- Fully remote worldwide
49,000 - 67,000+ EUR per year
We treat every candidate equally in our recruitment process. Even if you don't meet 100% of the job’s requirements, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you would be a good fit!
Questions about this job? Nathalie Tourbay, our Recruitment Team Lead, would be happy to answer your questions.
👉Scaleway is a #singular place and we’re looking for #singular people. If you like what you see here and you’ve got a story to tell, we’d love to hear from you.
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure.
Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures.
With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status.