Who are we?
PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain and the UK. With 8,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
PayFit is successful not only because of our product but because of our culture. Today, we are more than 1000 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values. It’s important to us that we:
- Care for each other
- Always stay humble
- Strive for excellence
- Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility. To find out more about what working at PayFit in London is like, click here.
About the role:
- Your mission will be to contribute to the whole development process, from system design to delivery and monitoring.
- Design, develop, test and maintain robust products for maximum reliability, resilience and scalability with security in mind.
- Work with a Product Manager & Product Designer on feature development & product initiatives.
- Participate actively in defining the architecture vision to better support our growing user base and scale accordingly.
- Maintain a high level of quality through extreme programming (XP) software development methodology, documentation and pairing
- Share your knowledge through workshops and coaching
- Promote our engineering culture and best practices
This role is for you if :
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of efficient, large and high-scale systems (Design Patterns, Microservices, Databases...)
- You are a Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and product-driven engineer who is interested in solving problems and delivering value while taking into account business <> tech tradeoffs
- You are using Best Practices: You are an organized, rigorous engineer who follows best practices regarding code quality, clean architecture, testing, monitoring, code reviews and CI/CD.
- You are an Impact Maker: You are creative, passionate about building things and want to help build an innovative product used by thousands of users.
- You are a Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a partially remote team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- You are a curious, open-minded and motivated engineer who is eager to learn and introduce new tools and methodologies where it can help us grow
- You are fluent in English
It would be great if you also :
- Are Event-Driven Architecture and Domain Driven Design aficionado.
- Have experience in Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud providers (AWS for example), GitOps.
- Have experience in relational databases (Postgresql for example).
- Have experience in working with Design systems.
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Our hiring process
- 45' interview with a Recruiter
- 1 hour coding interview (you choose the language and if you prefer to do it at home or live)
- 1 hour system design interview
- Meet your future manager
In return for this we will offer you ...
- The opportunity to ‘Work from anywhere’ - use the office or any other location as your daily working environment (including internationally for up to 6 months of the year)
- The opportunity to visit and work from our PayFit offices in London, Paris, Berlin and Barcelona
- Private medical insurance with Vitality
- UK Team Bonuses for reaching growth milestones.
- 1 day off per year to volunteer for non-profits and charitable organisations
- We cover a minimum of 50% of your travel to work costs
- We have fortnightly fruit packages delivered to your house (to help you get your 5 a day!)
- Weekly Deliveroo credit to spend on meals of your choice
- 25 days holiday per year
- A beautiful office in Farringdon with fruit and snacks for the team to enjoy
- Regular social events