As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
The Engineering team is responsible for building innovative features and resilient systems that bring people together. We're always experimenting with new features to engage with our members. Although we are a high-scale tech company, the member-to-engineer ratio is very high—making the level of impact each engineer gets to have at Tinder enormous.
As a Staff Engineer on our Cloud Infrastructure Foundations team, you will be a key developer on our central infrastructure platform that manages our CI/CD, infrastructure automation, and networking automation used by all of Tinder engineering. Our goal is to automate all complexities of our infrastructure, increase development velocity and manage a platform that handles millions of requests per second.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration twice per week. This position is located in Ghent, Belgium.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a high-impact, greenfield project
- Build highly reliable software solutions
- Implement cutting-edge Kubernetes and Envoy service-mesh stack
- Collaborate with various technical and functional teams across our company
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviewsRecruit, encourage, and develop other team members
What we’re looking for:
- 6 - 7+ years of software development experience
- 1 - 2+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud providers
- Strong communication skills and a passion to drive projects from start to finish
- Good experience with backend languages like Python, Go, and Java
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Docker Terraform, Cloud
- Formation, Puppet, Ansible experience
- Kubernetes, Envoy, or service-mesh experience
- Experience managing a CI/CD platform (Buildkite, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Experience with cloud networking (VPC, ELB, Route53/DNS, etc.)
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or similar subject area
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Investment in your wellness: Group Insurance, Hospital Insurance & access to mental health support
- Paid Emergency and Wellness Days
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual stipend for your professional development
- €500 work-from-home stipend to set you up for remote work
- Meal vouchers, Internet at Home, Phone Subscription
- Free subscription to Tinder Platinum
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei