Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Site Reliability Engineer to build a reliable & scalable stack for customers & Qontoers to support Qonto’s growth.
⚡ Impact: As Site Reliability Engineer, you will play a key role in our mission to streamline and enhance our platform, enabling faster upgrades, simplifying its complexity to empower all tech department members, and contributing to our commitment to knowledge sharing through our Opensource academy, driving impactful change in our organization.
Our SRE department is divided into 4 teams (18 talented engineers): Platform Reliability, Engineering Efficiency, Observability, and Storage. You will join the Platform Reliability team
led by Victor
👩💻🧑💻 As a Site Reliability Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Look at the big picture: You will contribute to building and deploying a new banking architecture at the European level
• Build robust solutions: Work in collaboration with backend, frontend & security engineers to design, deploy & maintain our microservice infrastructure
• Improve velocity: Reduce toil through automation and pragmatism
• Master observability: Work on the three pillars of observability logs, metrics & tracing
• Maintain availability: Participate in the on-call rotation & post-incident reviews with backend engineers
• Contribute to shine through tech eco-system: You will share your knowledge through communication, documentation, and talks
🛠 What stack you can expect
Cloud services: AWS, EKS
Container technology: Kubernetes, Docker
CI/CD: GitLab CI & ArgoCD
Monitoring: Prometheus with Thanos & Grafana, NewRelic, Sentry, OpsGenie
DB and messaging: AWS RDS PostgreSQL, SQS, Redis, and Kafka
Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
🧠 What you can expect
• Learn to use problem-solving methodologies
• Spend time designing robust solutions by taking into consideration Qonto scaling needs (20 to 60k logs per second, 25k pods, 86 microservices & 1300 deployments in production per month)
• Autonomy in proposing solutions in a bottom-up approach while avoiding biased thinking using the Qonto way (lean methodologies)
• Work on modern stacks through GitOps & challenge the technical status quo
• Collaborate with other teams on tech challenges, spec reviews, brainstorming & problem-solving sessions
• Reducing cost by using both a pragmatic approach and applying a long-term vision to ensure cost per customer continues to decrease
🤝 Your future manager
, Lead SRE, will work with you every day and help you learn & grow at Qonto.
• Their Background? After graduating from EPITA as a computer engineer specializing in web technologies, he worked as lead DevOps in a french startup offering full homemade e-commerce & insurance solutions for various companies including Leclerc, Midas, Carrefour, and Total Energies & many others. After seeing dozen of different company structures & DevOps strategies, he joined Qonto in 2020 in the SRE Platform Reliability team to support Qonto growth.
• What do they bring to the team? By having a healthy and open work environment, Victor promotes continuous improvements & team ambition in order to make the platform as reliable as possible. By raising the bar of quality, each member of the team is able to promote his own ideas and develop new skills in order to match the objectives. Victor orient & supports each member while ensuring that they work in a good work atmosphere by having the time to ensure quality & work with other teams.
• Experience: You have strong experience working with infrastructure tools & developing high-quality tested tools to reduce toil (in a fast-paced/startup environment would be a plus). You have production experience managing Kubernetes clusters and their workloads.
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, with an interest in solving problems and delivering value; You embrace failure to raise the level of quality of each service/stack.
• Impact maker: You want to build a product that is used by thousands of companies, in a fast-growing environment while preserving a high level of reliability
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded engineer eager to learn;
• Team player: You have good communication skills, and are comfortable working in a team;
• Continuous improvement mindset: You always look for ways to enhance processes, systems, and products to achieve the best possible quality. You are unsatisfied with the status quo and actively seek opportunities for improvement.
• Languages: You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
"At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along"
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 25 days of paid leave + 5 Qonto days or 25 days of paid leave + 10 RTT +/-
health insurance, Moka Care
to take care of your mental health, and Gymlib
for sports and wellness activities
- A Swile
lunch card: 50% covered
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.