Our group's mission is to design, prototype and productionize novel methods and tools for efficient modeling and simulations of complex systems at scale. These tools aid in measuring the safety of our AI and readiness for launch. We use recent advances in machine learning, statistics, optimization, and numerical methods to verify and validate our software and AI in the most challenging environments, and subsequently develop tools to enable other teams at Zoox to do the same.
We are looking for experienced software engineers who can design, implement, and maintain data-intensive large-scale distributed systems. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting and scaling the core capabilities of our platform. You will work cross-functionally with engineers in AI, simulation, infra, and data science to push the boundaries of scalability and performance, and bring state-of-the-art machine learning and optimization applications to production.
- Build the foundational blocks of our distributed computing platform and improve its core capabilities
- Design and support large-scale infrastructure services
- Lead complex, cross-functional projects
- Keep up with the state-of-the-art distributed computing and AI frameworks
- Communicate your work to other teams at Zoox
- 8+ years of industry experience in architecting and scaling distributed systems in production
- Experience building large-scale efficient data pipelines
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in production-level Python
- Experience building large-scale software services in the cloud
- Experience with hyperparameter optimization or large-scale simulations
- Experience with AWS services and CUDA
- Fluency in C++
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $204,000 to $294,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.