WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Solutions Engineering Team at Box includes solutions engineers, value engineering, platform solution engineering, enterprise architects, and demo engineering. As a Solutions Engineer, you are empowered to sell to business and IT leaders in every space and vertical, and take ownership in crafting customer-centric solutions. You will work alongside the account team to define and expand revenue opportunities, and ensure the solution is ready for cross company deployments. You also act as a critical liaison between Sales and Product; sharing customer feedback with the Product Management, Operations and Engineering functions at Box. Do you want to tinker, whiteboard, brainstorm and figure out how things work? Our highest performers develop deep knowledge of the Box platform, and are capable of leading presentations related to the Box security story, technical architecture and product configuration.
This role is in the greater Washington, D.C. area, supporting Public Sector clients - to expand our footprint and break into new accounts. Are you curious, passionate about problem-solving and love working with leading-edge technology? Then we want to talk to you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You research, explore and identify customer business problems
- You own the technical win in your account, and take responsibility for driving the technical deal forward
- You understand product integrations, including Salesforce, Google, Office365
- You lead demos articulating the value of Box selling the full suite of solutions (Box Web, Mobile, Relay, Governance, Platform and custom API-based apps)
- Technical quarterback managing the extended team from a solution standpoint
- Ability to showcase strong business acumen and communicate the value of the Box solution to the customer
- You support field marketing events as a Box SME and presenter
- Travel up to 50% to engage with customers in territory
WHO YOU ARE
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of relevant sales, technical, or customer facing experience, ideally within a SaaS and/or ECM environment
- Experience working with Federal accounts required
- Extraordinary presentation skills, with the ability to establish trust across a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex technical concepts and develop skills to create compelling solutions that demonstrate business value
- Displays follow through, stamina and effort in every step of the sales cycle
- Shows creativity when solving a customer's business problem
- History of overachievement in previous roles
Head-over-heels about this role — but not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you're passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation.Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience.
Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form. Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.