Millions of users participate in StreamYard 🦆 powered broadcasts every month. If you want to tackle problems with code on a product that has a high impact on people daily, join us on our mission!!! We love StreamYard and its community. We work to continuously improve our tool and create the best experience possible. Our users tell us that StreamYard makes streaming fun – you can quickly create engaging content with guests, show on screen comments/lower thirds, and brand your broadcasts with themes, overlays, and backgrounds. You don’t need to know anything about technology or streaming to get started. And even though StreamYard is simple, techy folks love how powerful it is under the hood, and how effective it is for streaming group discussions.
About the team
Internal platform team’s mission: Enable our engineering teams to move fast with confidence.
This role is for the internal platform team that manages a variety of foundational systems like the CI/CD pipeline, development environment, staging & production infrastructure, and monitoring and alerting systems. It is a high-leverage and high-visibility role which will have a direct impact on StreamYard's shipping velocity.
The team recently finished a project that enabled engineers to gather asynchronous feedback about changes without releasing into stage/production, this tool has had a strong positive effect on how engineers work. Engineering can now experiment a lot more quickly and the review cycle is a lot quicker.
How you'll make an impact
- Develop tooling that enables developers to build with high velocity, quality, and performance
- Build relationships with the engineering teams to understand their needs and help improve their day-to-day workflows
- Help define the team’s technical roadmap by identifying the highest-leverage problems to tackle
- Passion for improving developer productivity and building scalable systems
- Execution oriented. Eager to not only design technical solutions, but also dive into the technical weeds and drive implementation
- 5+ years of proven experience as a backend/infrastructure engineer
- Experience with DevEx (CI/CD, Docker, testing frameworks)
- Experience with at least one public cloud provider (GCP is a plus)
- Operational or development experience with Kubernetes (Terraform is a plus)
- You are a great communicator and strive for effective collaboration
- You have located within GMT+1 and GMT-5 timezone
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, UK, USA
- Employer of Record: Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.