Pax8 is the leading cloud-based technology marketplace, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Sr. Software Engineer I designs, develops, tests, deploys, maintains, and improves software for end users, with a strong focus on technical leadership. They deliver individual projects based upon deadlines and required deliverables. The Sr. Engineer builds complex features independently and collaborates with other teams to conduct design and code reviews. They develop and/or provide technical leadership in the development of software applications involving the application of new technologies with significant technical risk. The Sr. Engineer prepares detailed plans, which may span over a year for complex projects. They determine test philosophy, goals, and objectives, and participate in the formation of project goals, scope, and schedule. The Sr. Engineer makes a high impact on the success of their team and works through complex problems and tradeoffs with only minor assistance. They mentor other engineers throughout the organization.
Meet the team and hear what they have to say about our Product & Engineering group: Meet the Team
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Participate in team meetings including grooming sessions, project planning, and other aspects of the agile development lifecycle
- Help level up the team through mentorship and design techniques
- Participate in on-call rotations
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant software development experience
- Experience implementing and/or working with micro-frontend architecture
- Effective technical leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with innovative application design and implementation
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to step up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Ability to develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Ability to operate effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Ability to actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development challenges
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $140,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote #DICE-J
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.