A Day in the Life: Imagine waking up, excited to take on the day. From your home office, the Nextbite Innovation Kitchen, or a favorite local coffee shop, you’ll collaborate with creative and technical minds from across the country. We’re on a mission to help restaurants thrive as we grow the world’s best portfolio of virtual restaurant brands and enable our partners through technology solutions. Here you're safe to show up as your authentic self because Nextbite values diversity of perspective and open-mindedness.
Nextbite is the only all-in-one virtual restaurant company to combine restaurant
expertise to help restaurants be more successful in the fast-growing off-premise dining model. By joining Nextbite you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing restaurant landscape and the explosive online ordering industry.
*Nextbite has implemented a COVID-19 vaccine policy that all staff will be required to follow (with or without reasonable accommodations) in order to perform any in-person job functions or attend any in-person team events. If you have any questions on this policy, we will connect you with the appropriate People Ops team member for answers as we engage in the interview process.
About the Role
Seeking a talented Senior Fullstack Software Engineer who will bring their passion and skill for building efficient systems and delighting customers. You’ll leverage your technical expertise with architectures, frameworks, performance, security, automated testing, and more to build our product. You’ll collaborate closely with other members of the Engineering and Product teams. If you are a collaborative, adaptive, effective communicator, as well as a skilled engineer that loves to learn, then you will thrive in our innovative culture.
Our current tech stack:
Databases: DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
Compensation: $150,000-$160,000 annual salary + 10% annual target bonus
The impact you will have:
- Be a hands-on contributor to the engineering organization by helping to grow and deliver sophisticated solutions to problems of all sizes
- Continual learning to help build a better product through experimentation
- Play an integral role in the ongoing engineering of Ordermark’s SaaS technology solutions
- A chance to help define the technology landscape of a fast-growing enterprise where innovation is expected and required
- An opportunity to bring your whole-self to work and excel in a high-output, distributed team
What you bring to the role:
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- A proven track record of delivering quality software, ideally in either the consumer web or enterprise SaaS space
- A background in designing and implementing large, scalable web applications
- An appreciation for clean, elegant and simple code
What we offer:
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively and remains highly collaborative and connected
- Excellent growth opportunity and stock options for all full-time employees
- Medical, dental, and vision (eligible on 1st of the month following start date)
- Inclusive Health care with safe healthcare solutions, encompassing women’s reproductive healthcare; three months paid parental leave for all full-time employees
- Unlimited access to dedicated CFP through our 401k provider for 1:1 assistance with financial planning (may include your partner!)
- Paid company holidays and PTO for all full time employees, with unlimited PTO for salaried and 3 weeks accrued PTO for hourly
- 401k with company match (eligible on 1st of the month following start date)
- $60/month reimbursement for online-ordered meals
- $250 annual reimbursement for work from home needs for all non-kitchen full-time employees
- Bonusly - a team recognition platform with fun rewards
- We pride ourselves in having a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness, high initiative, energy, and passion
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Nextbite believes in building a diverse team of talented individuals to contribute to our mission. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, we encourage you to apply. We love to meet people that believe in our mission and can contribute to the team in different ways.
Core to Nextbite's company values
, we continually work to foster an environment where all are welcome, respected, empowered, and feel they can bring their whole self to work. In practice this means being an ally to those who are underrepresented, creating a safe and inclusive workforce, and ensuring our practices and processes are built to eliminate biases at every stage. We look forward to meeting you.