Zoox is developing state of the art autonomous vehicle software for our purpose built vehicle. We believe that developing the end to end product will not only get us to market faster but will also result in a superior customer experience.
We are looking for a software engineer to help build our full-stack web-based platform for visualizing autonomous robot data. These internal services are central to the development of autonomous driving and transportation-as-as-service, providing Zoox the capability to visualize robot data, gain insight into the robot’s behavior, and iterate on our self-driving software stack. You will work closely with autonomous driving software engineers to design feature-rich applications and identify new opportunities for internal tools at Zoox.
- Develop intuitive user interfaces with Vue.js, HTML & CSS.
- Develop 3D visualizations to fuse complex, dynamic data streams into accessible representations to a wide array of users.
- Maintain and extend multiple performant backend data pipelines and microservices.
- Collaborate with engineers to define and iterate on great solutions to their product needs.
- Maintain high service uptime and stability as Zoox scales.
- Solve complex technical challenges to deliver consistently great performance in a large and constantly evolving application.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Fluency with at least one modern JS framework: Vue, Angular, or React.
- Well-rounded understanding of web technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- User-centric approach to product development and ability to tackle open-ended challenges.
- Experience with three.js, Babylon.js, or another 3D rendering engine.
- Backend development experience using C++ and Python.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $179,000 to $294,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.