Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the development of the Classy Live event management platform, which powers virtual, hybrid and in-person events by providing tools around live streaming, auctions and taking payment. The ideal candidate will combine proven engineering expertise with product aptitude, is driven by exciting technical challenges that come with scale, and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. We want to talk to you if you are unfazed by the idea of relentlessly refactoring and extending existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
Classy helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact by creating exceptional giving experiences. Our market-leading suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we create a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, creating new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
What you’ll do:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining robust, fault-tolerant, backend service layers.
- Work with supervision from technical leaders in the Architecture team by driving research needs of a technical roadmap.
- Drive product development technical reviews of proposed technical design.
- Augment productivity of teams building new features on the platform by creating reusable components or patterns.
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the system.
- Within an Agile environment, work as part of a cross-functional Scrum team and develop web-based software solutions.
- Mentor engineers to become proficient developers using the best software development practices and processes.
- Participate in an engineering culture of “always be learning” where the sharing and learning from failures is celebrated and the giving and receiving of constructive candid feedback is highly encouraged.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years building highly scalable projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Good understanding of distributed data models with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical subtasks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Strong experience writing performant SQL queries for relational and non-relational databases
- Proficiency in schema design in relational or NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
- Deep experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Refactoring in microservice patterns
- Experience with building industry standard APIs with large throughputs
- Experience with NestJS
- Experience building scalable queuing or workflow solutions
Our amazing perks!
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.