Hinge Health is building the world’s most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. It is now the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries, and opioid use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches.
The company launched a nationally accessible Women’s Pelvic Health program to address the unique MSK needs of women. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million + in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
To Learn more about our company & culture please visit:
http://www.hingehealth.com & https://www.hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
Backend Engineers at Hinge Health contribute to their team’s success by architecting and implementing end-to-end solutions, well-tested performant APIs and data models. In addition, candidates will profile their systems to stay out ahead of scaling bottlenecks, and help maintain a high bar with thoughtful and constructive code reviews. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
Our tech stack: Rails, Nodejs, TypeScript, Nestjs, GraphQL, Docker, React, React Native, Aptible, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Apollo, and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Every day, you’ll review 2x more PRs than you open.
- Every sprint, you’ll design and incrementally deliver meaningful, complex features.
- Every month, you’ll resolve a couple performance and scaling bottlenecks, balancing feature development with long-term tech investments to keep the platform healthy and nimble.
- Every quarter, you’ll help define the objectives and key results that will shape your team’s roadmap.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Delivery: Ability to break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones
- Domain Expertise: Experience with distributed microservices architecture built in Docker containers utilizing Ruby on Rails and/or Nodejs/TypeScript
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL API
- Experience with relational databases and caching systems
- Experience working with CI/CD tools
- Experience building fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Experience with message queues is a plus
- Problem Solving: Business intuition that informs right-sized solutions, thoughtful trade offs, and game-changing innovation
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Leadership: A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Hinge Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know by reaching out to your Recruiter and we'll work with our accommodations team to evaluate your request.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.