Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 87/100 in 2023 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
You will join the SRE department of 16 talented people who will contribute to building and deploying a new banking architecture at the European level.
Qonto is in a crucial growth phase, with plans to expand from 350K to +1 million customers, handling more than 9 million transactions monthly and even more each month.
As Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will join the Storage team and be responsible for building and maintaining the underlying data storage systems. The primary mission is to provide efficient storage systems with consistent response time at any scale.
The complexity tends to grow with multiple factors: number of customers, number of features & history.
You will intervene in these critical aspects of growth to ensure services are still reliable and strive to push the boundary of what is possible with the team to allow even better performance for our customers.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Site Reliability Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Design, build, and maintain efficient storage systems
• Monitor and troubleshoot system issues, ensuring optimal performance and uptime
• Develop and maintain automation tools for system configuration, deployment, and monitoring
• Collaborate with other teams (Backend engineers, SRE, Security) to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
• Continuously evaluate and improve system performance, reliability, and scalability
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to storage systems
🛠 What stack you can expect
• Cloud services: AWS, EKS
• Container technology: Kubernetes, Docker
• CI/CD: GitLab CI & ArgoCD
• Monitoring: Prometheus with Thanos & Grafana, NewRelic, Sentry, OpsGenie
• DB and messaging: AWS RDS PostgreSQL, SQS, Redis, and Kafka
• Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
🧠 What you can expect
• Shared responsibility model with other teams
• Autonomy in proposing solutions in a bottom-up approach while avoiding biased thinking using the Qonto way (lean methodologies)
• Help & support from the rest of the team and frequent brainstorming sessions during the design phases
🤝 Your future manager
, Lead SRE, will work with you every day and help you learn & grow at Qonto.
• Their Background? After graduating from EPITA as a computer engineer specializing in web technologies, he worked as lead DevOps in a French startup offering full homemade e-commerce & insurance solutions for various companies including Leclerc, Midas, Carrefour, and Total Energies & many others. After seeing dozen of different company structures & DevOps strategies, he joined Qonto in 2020 in the SRE Platform Reliability team to support Qonto growth.
• What do they bring to the team? By having a healthy and open work environment, Victor promotes continuous improvements & team ambition in order to make the platform as reliable as possible. By raising the bar of quality, each member of the team is able to promote his own ideas and develop new skills in order to match the objectives. Victor orients & supports each member while ensuring that they work in a good work atmosphere by having the time to ensure quality & work with other teams.
• Experience: You have strong experience as a Site Reliability Engineer focusing on storage systems. You deeply understand storage systems, their architecture, and their trade-offs. Proficiency in at least one programming language (i.e: Go, Python).
• Mastery: Strong understanding of storage technologies, including file systems, block storage, and object storage. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL and Kafka/RabbitMQ.
• Autonomy: You can organize your work and communicate effectively within a full-remote team. You proactively seek the necessary information and know when to ask for help.
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, with an interest in solving problems and delivering value.
• Team player: You have great communication skills. You can interact confidently with our highly skilled, multicultural Tech team of 350 engineers spanning backend, data, and security engineers.
• Languages: Fluent in English
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 22 days of paid leave + 32 hours of ex festivita
- An Edenred
lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us: