Get to know us
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve
We are the architects of PayFit´s success
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
A brief overview of the SRE Team 📚
At PayFit, Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) spend most of their time embedded in product teams, leveraging their skill set ranging from software development to cloud infrastructure management to help teams deploy and improve their applications according to the policies and best practices elaborated by the rest of the Platform Experts tribe.
They play a major role in the definition of those best practices and policies by giving feedback on their real-life adoption, pushing to change them when appropriate.
💡 The team's top priority is focused on helping feature teams to deliver reliable, scalable applications based on our experts’ policies and guidelines.
💡 The team is also responsible for spreading the best practices to other teams and enable them to use the platform features for monitoring, scaling and securing their workloads.
A brief overview of our day-to-day stack:
• Code collaboration: GitHub
• Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion
• Communication: Google Suite, Slack, Zoom
Your mission: Empower PayFit development teams to deliver reliable services at a fast pace ⭐
• Foster adoption of architecture patterns established in ADRs and RFCs
• Bring application stability/performance improvement
• Provide technical support to developers during application incidents
• Contribute to application observability (logs, metrics, traces) & alerting improvement
• Perform application dependencies resources management
• Perform application CI/CD configuration management
• Perform application security-related resources management (application secrets, IAM roles…)
• Ensure continuous communication with the other tribe team members
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
• You love automating infrastructure and workload deployments using CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code
• You have a keen interest in improving applications’ runtime observability, performance, reliability and cost-effectiveness
• You enjoy sharing and collaborating with developers to promote best practices and build reliable and resilient services.
• You are experienced designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
• You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Hiring process ⚙️
1️⃣ Meet Joris, our Talent Acquisition
2️⃣ Meet Marc, Team Lead and Engineering Manager
3️⃣ Meet Future Colleagues: technical interview (introductions, coding, questions)
4️⃣ Meet another Team Lead from Platform Expert
5️⃣ Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of your ISO27001 certification
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within Spain with the possibility to work abroad for some period of time.
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills every day with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym subscription (AndJoy) with a preferential rate.
Meals: 6 EUR lunch voucher per workday with our partner Edenred.
Transportation: 50 % of public transport card covered by PayFit .
Health Insurance: Full coverage on private insurance with Sanitas.
Parental support program: Support with a nursery for your child.
Home office budget to help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Time off: 25 days of holidays per year.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process.