Are you ready to take the challenge?
We’re looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our team in Warsaw or remotely.
Sunscrapers is an elite Python development company that helps clients set up dedicated development teams in Poland, made of the most talented, experienced and motivated software engineers.
Since 2010, we’ve been working with ambitious US and European scaleups, SMBs and enterprises on delivering digital products and extending in-house development teams.
We’ve earned our reputation by combining passion for technology, highest quality standards and our unique ‘Product-Developer Fit’ hiring process.
As a Senior Python Engineer you’ll build and maintain the internal portfolio management and finance reporting application for the US-based venture capital firm. Your goal will be to integrate the new frontend code, implement new features, improve service architecture to be more maintainable as well as make the application ready for deployment to other VC firms.
- Technologies: Python, Django, DRF, Celery, SQL, PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Tools: Git, Github, Docker, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Snyk, Honeycomb.
- AWS: EKS, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, S3, ELB, RDS.
- Best Practices: Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, Kanban, Pen tests twice a year
The ideal candidate will be organized, positive, driven and a team player!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing new features and extending current REST API endpoints in cooperation with frontend team
- Improving and refactoring (micro)services architecture
- Maintenance of AWS stack and migration from Elastic Beanstalk to EKS
- Taking care of application security and updating dependencies on daily basis
- Writing clean and well-covered code
- Building a new service for generating, filling with data and merging PPTX files
What’s important for us?
- Excellent programming skills in Python and SQL
- Good knowledge of Django and REST API practices
- Experience with PostgreSQL or alternatives
- Well established knowledge of Docker ecosystem
- Experience with deployment and and debugging Kubernetes cluster
- Good knowledge of basic AWS services like EC2, S3, ELB
- You will be required to work on a company provided Macbook
- Ability to solve technical problems independently
- Self-reliance and ‘get things done’ approach
- Attention to detail and a sense of a clean code
- Fluent command in spoken and written English & Polish
You will score extra points for:
- Expertise in Kubernetes cluster setup, networking, security and upgrade procedures
- Expertise in AWS cloud services (EKS, IAM, Secret Management) and security concepts
- Expertise in system design and microservice architecture
- Experience with financial data processing or finance-related experience
- Knowledge basics of Agile/Scrum
What do we offer?
- Working alongside a talented team that’s changing the image of Poland abroad.
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibility.
- Comfortable office in a penthouse in central Warsaw equipped with all the necessary tools to conquer the universe (Macbook, external screen, ergonomic chairs).
- Fully equipped kitchen with fruit, hot and cold drinks.
- Multisport card & Private medical care.
- Culture of good feedback: evaluation meetings, mentoring.
Sounds like a perfect place for you? Don’t hesitate to click apply and submit your application today!