Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an Amazon Web Service that provides end-to-end video delivery and audience engagement tools to power live video experiences. IVS powers Twitch Video, one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world that provides more than a billion hours of video each month. Our mission is to make streaming video technology available to anyone through IVS and to empower the creation of diverse communities through live video engagement.
As a Senior Partner Engineer, you will be focused on supporting Business Development, Product and Partner teams, overseeing the technical relationship with current and prospective partners of Amazon IVS to help demonstrate and lead continued value. You will build deep technical relationships with Amazon IVS partners and be a trusted advisor on their journey to build/integrate solutions for our customers. Specifically, you'll support partners during their evaluation and integration of the IVS service and SDKs.
Your experience with mobile, video, and cloud infrastructure will be used to resolve both client-side and server-side video integration challenges. You'll advocate for partner needs, remove technical obstacles to adoption, and communicate engagement insights to broad audiences.
You will report to the Director of Product Partnerships and lead engagements with customers throughout Asia-Pacific. This position is remote and can be located in Taipei, Singapore, Korea or Japan.
- Be the primary technical contact for onboarding and integrations with strategic partners
- Resolve integration challenges with partner solutions to expedite the launch of IVS-powered customer applications
- Provide technical enablement sessions and best practices on integration with Amazon IVS to partners
- Consult with Business Development, Account Management, and Solutions Architecture teams to communicate the value of Amazon IVS, evaluate IVS product fit, and forecast onboarding effort with strategic partners
- Create feedback mechanisms and advocate for partner need to influence the development of new product innovations.
- Capture and share knowledge and best practices to the IVS partner community and allow AWS sales teams with partner solutions
- Accelerate and simplify customer onboarding of partners by creating technical artifacts including code samples, workshops, and demos
- Analyze partner landscapes and provide product recommendations
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to write white-papers, blog posts, best practices documents, and create other technical assets that directly help our partners success
- Use your coding and technical skills and your understanding of Amazon IVS (including APIs & SDKs) to create or help our strategic partners create solutions that solve joint customer challenges
- 5+ years experience in a Solutions Engineering, Partner Engineering, Sales Engineering, Technical Account Management, Solutions Architecture, or any other customer-facing engineering role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study, or 12+ years of related work experience
- Experience integrating UX elements w/ backend services, frameworks, and 3rd party developer APIs
- Work and succeed with substantial autonomy
- Fluency in English and one of the following languages - Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese
- 3+ years' experience in media processing, content delivery networks, and video delivery protocols like RTMP, HLS, DASH, and WebRTC
- 3+ years' experience architecting/operating solutions built using cloud technologies and infrastructure-as-code.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study
- Experience working as part of a sales or partner team to increase customer satisfaction, exceed customer expectations, and accelerate product adoption
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7224