Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About Xero’s Ecosystem, App Store and Developer Platform
The Xero App Store is one of the largest marketplaces for business apps in the world connecting millions of small business customers and their advisors to over 1000 different apps.
Our teams support our app partners building value-add integrations to Xero. They’re engaged and innovative and we have big plans to continue to help our partners build even more useful things for our customers.
As part of our mission, our development teams are focused on:
- Helping customers discover the right apps in our app store to take their business to the next level
- Making sure our app partners integrate smoothly and securely with Xero so they can reach the right customers straight away
- Developing integrations to strategic third-party partners like Google, Microsoft and Shopify
- Building tools and services that enable our customers to build beautiful apps and services with the Xero API.
- Ensuring third party developers are able to connect with Xero easily and securely. We do this via our OAuth 2 gateway, webhooks, and other services that enable our customers to make great apps on our platform.
About EcoTech - As part of our mission, we are focused on:
- Building tools that enable product engineers within Ecosystem to build reliable customer-centric products quickly and with modern tools and processes.
- Bringing in practices from other groups/orgs and sharing our own - we’ve led the way in build services now adopted by hundreds of teams across Xero.
- Ensuring CI/CD best practices are maintained and utilised - we aim to be able to deploy any service to production rapidly with full automated testing and validation.
- Empowering engineers to own their services end-to-end - from development to deployment to monitoring. We use tools like AWS, Docker, New Relic, Sumologic and OpenTelemetry across our services to achieve this.
What we're looking for:
- Experience advocating for DevOps practices as critical to good Software Engineering.
- Experience with CI / CD, infrastructure automation and monitoring.
- Experience in software development in any high-level language - we build our tools in C# / Go / Python but we’re comfortable teaching you if you don’t know these!
- Collaborative attitude as you’ll be working closely with product engineering teams to identify and solve their pain points.
- Passion for building and maintaining software tools to automate and improve developers workflows.
Why you want to join Xero!
Xero is proud of the culture that it fosters. We live and breathe our values everyday, and ensure we provide an environment where everyone can do their best work. You’ll be supported and encouraged to learn, grow and mentor others.
We offer an awesome package that includes a competitive base salary, Xero shares, life & health insurance, and other benefits. We encourage flexible working and arrangements that let you balance your work and life – whether you need to work from home for the day, shift your hours so that you can pick up your kids from school, or take a little extra time off for your wellbeing.
We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully.
We're a big part of the small business community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups and generally celebrating small business and its value to the global economy.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.