? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
Software Engineers at Qonto craft polished user experiences, highly scalable API’s and robust banking services, all to help build the finance solution all businesses love.
The frontend engineering team at Qonto currently has over +45 highly skilled engineers, from all over the world, working closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. Each frontend developer is empowered to challenge and influence the direction of the features they are working on.
👩💻🧑💻As a Frontend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Build innovative financial features: providing a delightful onboarding experience or a card ordering as easy as possible
• Keep a high level of code quality across our apps: 25% of our team's time is spent doing bug hunting and code refactoring
• Maintain and enhance our design system, by collaborating with product designers to implement pixel-perfect HTML and CSS (you might need to learn CSS Grid if you don't know it already 🙂)
• Handle data from our back end APIs, by formatting requests to and normalizing responses from our internal banking microservices,
• Work in a comfortable environment, where our apps are continuously deployed, easy to test, and covered with visual regression tools
• Share your knowledge inside and outside of Qonto, through internal and external talks, sponsored conferences, and open-source development
Want to read an interview of one of our Frontend Engineers? Click 👉here
However, not mastering Ember is not an issue at all! A lot of Qontoers have learned since they joined us.
As long as you are willing to learn, it doesn't matter if you've been using React, Angular or Vue, we have everything you will need to get you onboarded very quickly 😉
We’re building our own Design System
and UI Kit
from scratch. We ❤️ Open Source
. We use many industry-leading tools such as Prettier
... and we maintain a state-of-the-art container-based CI/CD.
You can have a closer look at our stack 👉here
🧠What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our 8 cross-functional teams, each team handling a part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
• 💳 Cards: the team responsible for all things cards. On the frontend, this includes but is not limited to: the user experience ordering a card, monitoring card expenses, and card security.
• ✈️ Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
• 🧮 Augmented Finance: the team responsible for connecting to bookkeeping services and providing smooth workflow for accounting.
•💲Spend management: The team responsible for building the feature on top of banking ones, like internal bookkeeping, team.
• 🧳Transfers: Pay and be paid as fast as possible for anyone by any payment type at a fair price.
🤔 What you can expect
• Learn to master the Qonto way
and problem-solving methodologies
• Learn from other team members through expert coaching with an adapted mentoring
• Collaborate with other teams on tech challenges, spec reviews, brainstorming & problem-solving sessions
• Opportunity to participate in JS events
• Participate in open-source projects
🤝 Your future Head of
Your Head of will be Florian
who is in charge of the Web team
• What does he bring to the team? Together with the Frontend Leads, Florian promotes healthy communication between team members, continuously improves the team’s operating system, accelerates all team members’ growth towards proficiency... and chases all sources of waste which can bring down the team’s morale and velocity!”
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer who is interested in hard problems and delivering value,
• Impact Maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark,
• Best Practices: You are an organized worker who follows best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews,
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer who is eager to learn a new framework, banking domain and introduce new tools and services where it can help us grow,
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues,
• Languages: You are fluent in English
"If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”!
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- A competitive salary package
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- 28 days of paid leave
- Meal vouchers
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu
to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!